Close
One second...

Tree Poem

This design illustrates a verse of a Catalan song: "Wake me up when you see poems falling from the trees", more or less. I hope we can see this someday; liying under a tree and reading the poems that the wind takes to us.

And...sorry for my poor english :)

Watch this
adartse

Not many people would "get it" without knowing what you just said, but I really like this. I'd like to see it with a couple of different options for the placement, though. I'd like to see the tree all the way over to the side of the shirt. Well done. $5

chasingmystar

i like the design, but Adartse is right, people won't get it, so it doesn't mean much. maybe it would be good with a different word that could have more meaning for more people.
and i would also like to see it moved over to the left side.

Roxy15675

exactly the same as the others.

Seldomspoken

Maybe if the word "Poem" was on a leaf. (?)

snowdwarf

good idea seldomspoken

JesiR

If the "poem" word wasn't there, I'd def get it. Still $5 as is.

HeartsOnParade

maybe different placement?
But otherwise I really like it.

yael.

i'd like it without the "poem" part...just the tree design is really nice.

babag123

like the illustration. i feel that even if people did get it, is there enough of a payoff? a tree with the word poem? is that as poetic as the original phrase?

Pouki

Going with your original idea for the shirt, one possibility might be to make the tree taller and have a person sitting against the tree reading a poem, with a few 'poems' falling from the tree and onto the ground, just a suggestion though ~ its still very cute as is :D

Pouki

Just another thought, maybe you could also add some wind and have it blow the poems around and have another person near by jumping up to try and catch one xD

savvie

Reminds me of "As You Like It", Orlando was so in love with rosalind that he stuck poems on trees about her.

cat_from_mars

Cute drawing, you should try another shirt color

dr. loopy94

ummmmm.......crap

gentle_reader

"I think that I shall never see/ a poem lovely as a tree" by ??... sorry, not up on my poets. Also, does anyone remember a skit on the muppet show where a muppet sings a song with these words, and then the tree falls on him? Thus, this shirt makes perfect sense to me, though perhaps the execution is somewhat lacking. 3.

Forgot My Guns

Obscurity is fun! Go with it, go gO GO!

Cinnamingirl

It actually kinda reminds me about this quote from a Vietnamese Buddhist poet about how a poem is connected to everything else in the world... i like it.

hugtrees

Even though people won't get it, I think it's a really nice t-shirt design. Who cares if people don't get it. Their interpretation will do. Great job XaviRobles! $5 from me :) It's beautiful! (Maybe on a creme t-shirt)

phyllisa

very pretty; you could change the word "poem" to the relevant quote from the either the Catalan song or the line gentle_reader quoted, but in slighty in smaller font.

XaviRobles

Thanks a lot to all of you! :)

This is my first submission; i'll take your advices! They will help me a lot to improve in the next designs.

Fibs

Lovely, I'd buy it. Sure.

LinaPants

Why not have little pieces of paper, or small leaves falling from the tree to signify poems, rather than the design now, which looks like a gift tag that says "poem." It's a nice idea. Trees have things to say to us - it's nice to remind people of that.

Kayree

nice

dunfyboy

Gentle reader;-

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;
A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;