awesome

iac74205

i can dig it

Vaz

yesssss

Kikiel

pretty awes

sk8dork

i like the idea of the nintendo controller in a jar filled with formaldehyde (which i don't think this really is. almost though) but not the label proclaiming my first. i'm sure the nintendo was only the first for a certain group of geeks, myself not being one of those, so i wouldn't wear the shirt. you gotta cater to a broader crowd, like geeks who like old school nintendo, myself being one of those. i think filling the jar with formaldehyde would bring a bit more color into the shirt and give it a bit more of a cool science lab "behold the ancient nintendo controller" exibit type feel.

Al Veryard

very cool $5 print this.

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

nice colors and illo, great rendering of the jar and reflections/highlights.

a1cshowoff

Ill take 5, please.

iLoveBeans

the original nintendo entertainment system... i played tiny tune adventures and double dragon for hours.

gadget arms

I love the way the jar is drawn; it really looks like glass. As someone said though, you should remove "my first experience" because it isn't necesseraly true for everyone.

wild bill

i dont get y its in a jar and the 'know your roots' pick is far better

j.ayde

GEEKS OWN! woop woop woop. downloads super mario emulator

janoma

i agree with sk8 dork

tenebrus

This reminds of a participatory piece of art at MassMoCA in which 14 people had collected memories in jars like these... about 500 of them, and visitors were then asked to arrange the jars in whatever order they'd like.

kneub

I'm with sk8dork. I love it, though.

NaughtyPoppet

I prefer the term "nerd"...change it & $5, otherwise 4

frozentruth

I very much dig this. The Commodore 64 (okay, first a VIC 20) was my first, but the NES was close behind.

BORN2SHOPLC

SK8DORK'S ides is also cool but I give it a $4 maybe more the other way... I don't know I'd have to see it.

Zordock

AWESOME! I would buy that sh*t!

KristyGrl

red buttons please?

Azarael

$5

lyevil

$5 it was definitely my first.

podium_06

i don't know if by saying "my first geek experience" you meant the old joypad or the fact you've put it in a jar with a label... (-;

hackslash

i love my geek

thegyfted1

I love the real glass look...makes me want to unscrew it. : )~

mikey_

red buttons would be good, but i love the idea, 5!

Chocomoogle

I love the concept and the design itself is awesome... but like others already said : lose the text. I don't even think you need a label to get the idea cause it's already in a jar!

ryceratops

i was just about too say it was overstated, but everyone beat me to the punch. For a few reasons - anyone our age understands this is saying "preserving our childhood" or whatever - the beauty is it can be interpreted if it is left subtle. Secondly, the whole "proud to be a geek" phenom is what gives geeks a real bad name - and I wouldn't say that love of nintendo is a geek trait. Lastly, "clever" text often wrecks an otherwise great shirt for most people, i.e. the "Hot Topic" brand Nintendo shirts that have an iconic Mario Goomba on it but says " Shroomin' " on it. The text turns me off. If you do deside to leave a label on the jar, make it much smaller, and just put a date on it like "sample 1986", but don't make it the focus of the shirt the way your tag is now.

disasterxofxfate

I think in a better place would be better. Still an alright idea. Just because someone plays old video games doesn't make them a geek... =[

Beloved

I'm sure this applies to every one of my suitemates and friends in the suite across the hall. You've got 12 fans on this end!

Ava Adore

mmm, nicely done illus. the jar looks awesome

dnbandjoe

awesome, agree w/ above comments and such

ladykat
ladykat profile pic Alumni

geek out! le geek, c'est chic!

lockerkey

$5 geekness is cool!

florem

5$, for sure.

blueeyedmaja

$5 I LOVE THIS!!!! ITS LIKE YOU'VE KNOWN ME FOR YEARS!!

jollymeenahyena

Everyone has a little geek in 'em.
$5

emilyclyne

love it, btw i still play super nintendo :)

Alex M. Solefish

Ah, nintendo NES. how i miss thee.... I agree with formaldehyde-filling the jar, but the label could be different. (and all caps letters? or type-writer font?)

Alex M. Solefish

ha, yeah, sorry. didn't notice they already WERE in caps letters.

bryantmaino

i keep a jar just like that, but its filled with old teeth the toothfairy didnt take. haha. 5

EricLopez_Illustrator

How are you going to go and not put red in this for the buttons! haha... Great drawing though. I like how the glass feels like glass too.

candychan

your awsome... i still have the first nes!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us