nice

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
thestateofthings
thestateofthings profile pic Alumni

i really like the idea behind this.
the execution could have been much more elaborate. it seems much more like a concept than a finished design to me.
i personally dont like the placement of it on the shirt, but others might like it. the colouring scheme seems too flat/boring to me as well.

i hope this wasnt too harsh. i really fancy the idea/concept, but the execution doesnt really deserve much more than a $3 rating to me.

hereandnow51

I think this is good, although I think it'd look better on an off white shirt...plus its a decemberists piece, so 5$.

Elinoleum

It should have more contrasts in the colors. Otherwise, I like the design!

Elinoleum

Ans the...eh.."tail" (cant remember the word =P) should be longer:)

caelestisblue

I think I'd like this wrapped around the other side better, and perhaps on another colour - more contrast, you know? But the design is lovely; I appreciate the simplicity.

caelestisblue

Ah, never mind my placement comment, I wasn't looking at it correctly.

A Rose

beautiful design; would like to see it a little more bold :)

random hero444

hehe...my last name is Crane...

Riprunk

I love it, although an off white would look a little better.

MooseDinner

agree with stateofthings. this design needs more detail. it's a good start. you should add texture to the wings and hair.

Rainn

Decemberists. ♥
However, I agree with the comments about color and using a cream/natural tee. It would look fantastic in a dark red ink (or a couple different shades of red and orange) on a natural tee.

GMMiles

Very nice BUT it's meant to be based on The Island, not The Crane Wife.

But that's not stopping me from $4ing it ;-)

violetlene

I love this design.But I am not so hot on the colors.What about the design on white with a black outline and red accents.

Dr. Elusis

I love the idea, but I also agree it needs more detail and does not go well on gold.

Wonderfish

I like the style. Maybe it would have more of an impact if it were a bit bigger though? I don't think the colors should be made too overpowering.

BubuSam
BubuSam profile pic Alumni

Sweet

el vez

i know what to do....youll see in a few days

laura.

The Decemberists = :D
I don't fancy the yellow, though.

Urban Ninja

Nice Design. Hate the yellow.

mosaiclobster

Gotta agree with others, I love the concept but
1. On white
2. With more colors/detail

I'd be really excited to buy this shirt if those changes were done to some degree, but either way good job.

forevermelody

lovelove love love love 5$

JefftheStud

i have been waiting for something like this forever! i wish it was alittle more detailed and larger. placement is great. colors are great. i love that its simple.

zaphikiel

Just a question: Isn't the theme for this competition, "The Island"? That song has nothing whatsoever to do with The Crane Wife.

Hate to be a downer, but just noticing. The design itself is wonderful, but isn't related to the competition.

suhouap

Like the design, not crazy about the color.

roseline55

i love the idea (and the song) but i hate the color

Slothie

Zaphikiel & GMMiles, from the contest details:
The Crane Wife’s unquestionable centerpiece is the 13-minute murder ballad “The Island,” with its subsections “Come and See,” “The Landlord’s Daughter,” and “You’ll Not Feel the Drowning.”

babeyourstellar

It's okay. I wouldn't buy it though. Well, I might if it were printed on a different color. Good concept. I love the Decemberists.

Recycledwax
Recycledwax profile pic Alumni

YELLOW POWER! ;)
just love that color and design! 5$

ajalias69

A Pretty Idea, but I would prefer it on a different background, perhaps Black with a White outline or vice versa.

spiralsword

Very pretty! And I love the positioning!! The design is a little too simplistic for my normal tastes, but I'd still buy this! $4!

m-oo

I like this design, as I'm a big fan of Japanese culture, but it doesn't seem to embody the tale of the Crane Wife - which may start with a beautiful woman, but is about greed and ends in tragedy. Also, I would agree that the theme is The Island (as much as I wish it was The Crane Wife instead). All in all, more attention to detail and perhaps a face that isn't smiling.

MercutioXV

Yay Decemberists! Change the color though. 5

eille08

Yeah, this doesn't have as much to do with the song "the Island..." as much. The placement is strange, but I do like the design.

Aeeee

Agree with thestateofthings.

Fire Eyed Boy

Nice design...go decemberists! :)

red.bird

placement should be up on right breast and i think it needs more gradients.

vho

I love the idea of wrapping the design around the shirt, but like it's been said it needs more. Maybe enlarging the design and having it take up more room on the shirt would solve the strange placement of the lady. Nice work, all the same.

MeteoraK

I really like this idea, but perhaps it could be larger and more ornate?

Zay

good work...Buts its need more dark to stand out on t shirt

Kogepan

Love the art, but don't like the color or the placement.

a person

different colors

Montro
Montro profile pic Alumni

gorgeous $5

iLikeGrapes

Move it a bit more towards the middle so that little sliver of her back is on the front of the shirt and its a $5.

DJLadyPope

On another color this would be a $ 5.

nasty

simple yet so elegant $5

mikey_

the yellow is a bit...startling, but I love the illustration. I'll also say what I said to the other sub that was Crane Wife, and not the Island, specifically. Being that I like that song way more than "The Island" you get a 4 and kudos on being the first submission.

sphinx_guy

decemberists....absolutely delicious....5$

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us