Close
One second...

Cowsumption

• by Joe Flip
  • posted Nov 15, 2006
  • 49 Comments

Massive consumption of cow for hamburger. See it like a codebar not like an animal.

Watch this
sugarkitten

I prefer pork but I love a good steak too.

EclecticListener

pretty cool.
don't think i'd wear it, but kudos for originality.
i do like the barcode.
reminds me of the cell...
good movie, 'cept that was a horse.

Fairydust3654

sort of disturbing, but i would wear it.

Auspex

did you enter that in the fast food contest... might fit

BradLand2

guess what are cliché.

even though i entered this contest too, i have to says this rocks! i could see the barcode being slightly more subtle and being brown (same as the cow) instead. in any case...very damien hirst and kudos for the design/concept.

MackymcD

I dont think they slice cows up into barcode slices but its still a good idea!!!!

killerqueen33

this is really cool. i like the design, but i'm not sure i would wear it. great idea though

Joe..

AHHHHH!!! BAAAAARRRR COOOOOOODESSSSS!!!!

Joe Flip
Joe Flip profile pic Alumni

Oh, barcode is really hated? I think it's correspond with the design. I hate cliché too. It doesn't matter i love my barcow :)
Thanks everybody :)

cubby cakes

vegetarians and vegans unite!!!

kayne

Awesome concept, great work!

spiralsword

Love the concept & the way the slices become barcode lines, but the cow itself looks a little... mutated XD

Joe Flip

Eheh i'm going to work for a better cow. :)

haha omggg

that's kind of gross..haha. but good idea.

samanthaflute

ooh, that's pretty clever. I've seen some similar tees, but so far this is my favorite.

crpfctry

rad, the bar code haters seem like really SERIOUS people....

Alex M. Solefish

I've been tired of barcode subs, but this is interesting. Well done.

Lumpaduppa

This T-shirt remember Me the greek artist Jannis Kounellis (dissected cow in formaline)...nice.

hirzel

i like the barcode

cruzle

Very cool idea!

Joe Flip

Yeah thanks everybody. The barcode is just here for remember the consumption. I think that's justified.

jpiatt
jpiatt profile pic Alumni

Very well done. Just because barcodes are used a lot doesn't mean this isn't a good design. This is very well done and very well thought out.

Down10

It's an okay starting point. the art needs to be cleaned up, and you should change the typeface to something like OCR-B

shortee113

thats awesome!! And it would totaly work with a pig or a chicken too... and barcodes rock!

thecurlmaster

no offense, but I don't really like the design, but I did have to do a double take when I saw THE NUMBERS! Just for that, I give it a 4.

Joe Flip

Eheh thanks everybody! Great Thecurlmasters :)

Joe Flip

Allright i work for a better cow and a pig! Maybe a chicken if i had the time. Reserve your vote for the next too :)

iLoveBeans

this is one of the many reasons i will proudly order the swiss veggie delight when i go to a&w

Typ0w

and theres already a barcode shirt on the thread

butter08

like the idea but i think the cow looks a bit stupid. but i guess one looks stupid if getting sliced up

Joe Flip

Thanks!

TraveDiz

Idea is awesome....cow kinda looks half pig...4$

morganian

I prefer this to the re-sub version.

bravoechonovember

normally i hate barcodes but i think it works in this design

nilu

Great idea!!
That thin meat slices... they call them carpaccio, don't they?

grracexx

I love it. It should be in Navy.
haha, cows. my favorite animals. my friends will be shocked if i buy this. (if printed) a 5!

mauvaischampignon

I just commented on your new version of this, and I have to say that I like this one better, but what I said about the powerful message is still true, if not moreso.

lemonink

Bravo!. I do agree with 317537 that the barcode may look better in brown as is the cow. Nice concept. I'd take it on a nice peach shirt myself. And as one who grew up with cows, that's a nice cow. :D

No account?
Join Us