Close
One second...

A Caged Bird Dreams

• by ysy101
  • posted Oct 13, 2006
  • 79 Comments

What do animals dream about? S.O.S.?

I tried to think of something that wasn't overtly scienctific so I went the zoological route. Oh, and this is my my first sub for "The Science of Sleep"!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Oh_Bang_Bang

i actually love it..for som reason....
i think i like it because of the "in a cage and want to get out" thing...because..i feel the same way....flyyy out and see the world...love it :)

Oh_Bang_Bang

in black..not the redish thing

ficketpences

I am completely in love with this. The combination of unusual perspective and negative space is so engaging. It's also really nice to see some realistic clouds that aren't white, gray, or blue. 5$, hands-down.

(My vote is for teal/apricot/canary on the slate gray, by the way.)

phones

Gotta love that angle!

impossiblejosh
impossiblejosh profile pic Alumni

good illustration, but i dont think it works for a shirt,
but tahts just me, i've never liked circle designs.

green_abobora

no more 'gaiolas' please. death to neubau style. by the way, the black one sounds better.

ysy101
ysy101 profile pic Alumni

i don't understand :/ but i suspect a thumbs down, lol. oh well, thanks for the comments anyway. more are welcome even if it's constructive criticism

fc gravy

i not feeling the circle frame but the illustration is real nice.

SassyGiraffey

Both awesome. Red and black very striking. I'd buy either.

nickaix

I'd say red one, and a little smaller. The illustration is striking enough to draw attention to itself. It doesn't need to hog the whole shirt.

OneGreatLabel

Dakota slate would function far better.

cbuchholz
cbuchholz profile pic Alumni

I like the colors. For some reason the sky really feels like light. It's almost as if I'm looking into the sky of a maxfield parrish painting.

JAYGATZ

i like the dakota slate a lot better. It's more peaceful rather than menacing. Everything about this design is great. $5.

Janodye

stunning love the red

runningwithcolours

awesome...i thought it was gonna be huebucket and i rate him big time...

silver_

nice design. I would go green print with light orange t-shirt.

gloom

black is the winner.

FrozeDream

I like the angle of the design being from underneath that way it emphasises what you are trying to get across. The circular design doesn't bother me since there are other cirucular elements contained inside. I like it!

ysy101

thanks! i made it a circle because i thought people would really hate a square window. I thought the circle window fit well in the design. I wish IIII had a huge circular window.

I_heart_ducks

I really like the angle. Do you enjoy photography?

ysy101

I WOULD enjoy photography but I don't have a camera :/ I DO have a camcorder, does that count?

BlackWaltz

Black & Red
5$

K-Status

i like this on the lighter color.

carmelitaa

love it! in dakota slate. 5

jaz999

gorgeous sub! I agree it could be a little bit smaller, but the angle and negative space are awesome. Just the top of the bar holding the birdcage being perfectly aligned with the window pane bugs me, but oh well... Still love it :}

pandasoniq

Thanx for defending me !
By the way how did you get such an amazing blue ?
it works so good with the color from the cLOUD...super !

Kaleidoscope*swe*

its a very good start i really like the colours and the perspective however i feel that its a bit empety. Try making the clouds looking a little more realistic and pherhaps even add some birds flying by just to make the message clearer. Its a pretty good design but i think you should go back and improve it. 4$.

docquan

DEAR GOD I MUST OWN THIS SHIRT IN ALL AVAILABLE COLORS

Lilkristierose

I like kaleidoscops' idea about birds flying by.

I love your use of negative space.

yeohgh
yeohgh profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

beautiful colour scheme, but a bit of sadness, !

Duchamp

this is a cool shirt. there's a magriteness about the top of the window - making us aware of our own cage-edness. we look at the bird longing to be free, and we in turn long freedom. (ness)$5

LifeAquatica

aww i like it a lot. 5

BrokenVow

i like it in the red. makes it more sad like i feel it should be

rachlynne

BEAUTIFUL color choices.

Athlete

i like the perspective.

haleyjane

$5. amazing detail on the cage and the perspective is ace. way to go

ashtray1

ehh its ok

sssarah

the colors are amazing. nice design!

numbernine

The perspective makes this just so amazing. 5$

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

great imagery and perspective, the black T is very nice.

artgeek17

i loooooooove the perspective!

wenlet

beautiful. id buy this.

ryehat

I too would buy either one but I would very much like the circle to be smaller and positioned closer to the collar. That would be perfect.

lizz612

Wonderful angle.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?