Close
One second...

Hey Dad! Where's Rover?

• by maija
  • posted Sep 29, 2006
  • 40 Comments

I found this dot-matrix image while cleaning out my filing cabinet. It's the first image I ever digitally manipulated. It was 1990. McDonald's had opened its first store in Soviet Moscow, the Hubble telescope was launched, the Simpsons were in their first season, and I was delicately turning pixels on and off, one at a time in Mac Paint on a Mac Classic, transforming a schmalzy piece of clip art into something truly disturbing. It was the beginning of a career.

Please be aware that dogs are some of my favourite people. I was simply reminded of the Dr. Demento song "I'm looking over my dead dog Rover/who I hit with the power mower", which we found hi-larious when we were kids.

We also found antennae hi-larious. They're the thinking man's curly moustache.

Watch this
maija

Oh no. HA! I can't believe this made it through pre-screening! I was kinda sleep deprived and easily amused when I decided to submit it.

morna

heh heh

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

this rocks.

SuperPope

This is sooooooooo different from your other sub, yet both deserve to be printed in their own special way. :) 5$

phones

Sweet!

maija

I'm not sure if it's comforting or disturbing to know that others share my sense of humour. :)

morna

take comfort where you can get it my friend!

MarcieD

omg this is TERRIBLE.

exin

ohhhhh sick. in both connotations!

pokewhat

huh, i'll get back to you.... you know, it's not that far from something that Homer would do, they just can't show it on TV

Candiru

jjajaj4jj4j4jHAHAhaahaa

HellboyOne

I'm gonna buy this shirt, then travel back in time and show it off to my high school pals.

katolms

This is so...(heh,heh)...disturbing. Really...(giggle)...it is.

l1qu1D

It is a pity doggy ;) 5!

sketch3030

i dun know about the blood though.

photomike

more pixelly stuff, less sad dog death :(

iAngela

haha, i like it.

She Says So

love the pixels love the tee $5

ashtray1

lol $5

abigaildarling

it's getting a $5 anyway, even though it's sad and wrong - it's just too awesome. but i would give it an $11 if the little boy had antennae too. but maybe that's just me.

TupeloHoney

oh god, it's funny...and awful...and great. Simultaneously.

aperobic

haha funy

tommskii

Cruelty to animals is always a good subject

printerfriendly

the splashes are the best part. Way funny

tantrangle

.... very odd... I like it for that, but I think I've seen this in a Redmeat before...

Toru0Okada

£5 I really, really like it!

Veggie_Vampire

it's sick and disturbing and... I LOVE IT!!!!!! 555 and i will buy it if it gets out!!! oh thank you for that..and i do like the antennas alot

Noobits

very disturbing but also very amusing in a dark humour kinda way. I like it.

Noobits

(ps rover must have been deaf and dad blind)

ax_man

i didnt laugh, but i stared at it for 5 minutes and giggled. so 5$

Bakemono

So where is rover?

c_case

Hey Threadless!
Where's a really stupid tshirt design?

smanning

I remember those days of the mac and working in a print shop stripping and cutting rubylith then this little mac came along and man did it change everything

thelastmagician

That is a pirate ship of full of ninjas. Meaning its a great design.
I like it!!

Could you critique one of mine? It's callled, "Sad Kitty." I would really appreciate some advice!

No account?