Close
One second...

pastime

• by ekaj47
  • posted Sep 27, 2006
  • 57 Comments

it looks like you could tweak the outline to make the shape of North America.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
iotadial

take me out to the ball game

She Says So

the detail is pretty amazing.

matterofpolicy

Is it a photoshopped picture, or an original illustration?

brenden_strang

i would prefer it be just the full field image.

ewey6

if you could make it look like north america that would be a $5 from me- now it is only ehhh

Luke...
Luke... profile pic Alumni

pushing the "norm"...i like it

lambert13

Its not Yankee Stadium so I shouldn't give it a $5.....but I did anyway

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Could....could that even be printed? squints

toastburner

wow, if this keeps the 4 color rule I am really impressed. (I guess it must if it's been approved for scoring.) 5.

rAnCh_e

awesome fucking picture...can you buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks? $5

Hazelip

A boring shirt for a boring game from someone else's boring photograph.

rangermatt

Turn this into an outline of North America/US and you've got yourself a shirt.

CaptainCoco

Kinda blah! No offense!

ekaj47

no auto trace, photoshop separations from a photo i took

its blah and boring unless you love america and one of its oldest pastimes and if you dont your a terrorist so oh well your opinion doesnt count!

skipcronin

i can't believe you drew all that... wow! amazing! zero.

jar_bombadillo

I played the song "Pasttime" about baseball (by jack stamp?) in the Boston Symphony Hall two years ago! This shirt has amazing detail.. it's great.

rudra

i second the boring photo of a boring game making for a boring shirt comment

helloklaire

i love this shirt. i would but it for my boyfriend or any other baseball fanatic.

catbus

dont u think its a bit harsh to label anyone who doesnt like your design a terrorist?

If you cant cope with criticism, you shouldnt submit your designs to this type of site

ekaj47

harsh? because of words and art on the internet? - i'm having fun, everyone else should too, say what you want i like reading this stuff and i'll write what i want, its allowed, thanks

schmeltz

I don't particularly care for this shirt, but I do like that he called someone a terrorist! That is funny. I don't think he is really calling the FBI to report an actual terrorist, catbus. Try to have a sense of humor.

dartsofpleasure_

' its blah and boring unless you love america and one of its oldest pastimes and if you dont your a terrorist so oh well your opinion doesnt count!'

hahaha
i see you're quite the peacemaker.

ma17

That's really an awesome design. Not so crazy about baseball OR North America (yep, I guess that almost makes me a terrorist, but what can one do). Still I give it a $5 and would definetly wear it, just for aesthetic purposes. Don't shape it like US tho...

Maurissa

I appreciate the art & detail, wouldn't wear. 4

Hazelip

For what it's worth, catbus, I understood his sarcasm. Not a big deal.

ekaj47

hey duddy good call, 5 minutes, you were close though and nice myspace photo

ljluense

i like the concept and the execution. it's definitely fresh. i'm just not sure how it would be possible to print because it is so finely detailed. i'm also not quite sold on your use of negative space for the very small details (ie the black spots in the stands or on the players. i think it works wonderfully for the actual sides of the design to make it feel like you are peering into somehing, but i'm thinking it could be a big jumble or a mess for the details.

emmy.withwings

I love how youve stretched the color limit here

j_parks

it's nowhere near looking like north america - but it does sort of look like the USA (ie. North America does not just include the USA). as for the shirt, shaping it like the USA is cool though - since baseball is america's pass-time or something, right? shape a hockey picture like Canada, and that'd make more sense :)

TreeFiddy

it would of been cool if u actually drew it

ekaj47

it would have been cool if u didnt say that

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

this is pretty cool and I would add my vote to reshaping it to fit teh USA outline just for kicks .. btw which stadioum is that cause its gotta be one where football (NOT soccer) is played

Hazelip

It would have been cool if you'd taken the time to photoshop a picture that was interesting.

podium_06

i wouldn't buy it and i don't want to see it get printed!

SheepMan420

man you get a 5 for just being so funny good shit but i like the shirt too keep up the jokes on the terrorists

minimekerlinger

I love the idea, but not the final product. I'd def wear a baseball shirt, though, there aren't enough of them. And it should be Yankee stadium - America's favorite team for America's favorite pasttime. Yes!

aaaligator

man, i was about to congradulate you on how neat the detail was and stuff and then i read some of the comments and realized you're a jackass. i hate comment wars. bet you a dollar you'll respond angrily to this one too. sweet.

Laborpsus

omg, padres fan!!!!!!!!

aweeesome! Congrats on the playoff clinch. :)

opendestiny

Pretty cool idea - I totally agree if you could make it shaped as the US though (since it wouldn't make much sense to shape it like entire NA - Canada isn't much into professional baseball, and I bet mexico isn't either, but I might be wrong.)

However, if you're going label people terrorists and do it jokingly, maybe use some grammar, so people can tell you're joking. Otherwise, it makes you look like an ass.

weshargrove

very very cool. $5

ceres

So does Threadless give Adobe the money if this shirt gets printed?

archbar

I just like your sense of humour.

ekaj47

why would adobe get any money for this? most everyone designs with an adobe product

Looneygirl

I think it's very cool and if I was a baseball lover, I would buy it!!

fadedoak

way too complex for threadless

blakflagg

Great pic. Hooray for "Livetrace"! I agree...give it a theme by giving it a US outline. Also, simplify the interior graphics. Great start.

_lakeside

i liked it until you called people terrorists for not liking your damn shirt.

ekaj47

again no livetrace - and whats complex about it?

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us