Close
One second...

Chain of Fools

• by cpdesign
  • posted Sep 24, 2006
  • 39 Comments

This submission is for The Last Kiss competition. My overall concept was directed towards the actual movie and not towards just the general theme name. The doll obviously representing the girl and the worn out stressed teddy bear representing Zach Braff which also symbolize youth and growth from one stage of his life into the other. The idea is simple in that they are bound together by love with the chain and he has the choice to either stay with her forever or use the key to free himself and continue to live the life he had in his past. She deeply cares for him and he is unsure of his decision. Feel free to leave any comments both good and bad.

Watch this
lorem_ipsum
lorem_ipsum profile pic Alumni

Really great style. You've got skills.

maryode1

Cute! $5

TRex of the South

I think he should use the key: he can do better. Great solution!

designer74

Great Illustration! I would definitely give this an excellent 5.

gina_b

Great design! $5

redrabbit

How creepy!

Luke...
Luke... profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

wonderful illustration, i enjoy thoughtful concepts like this.
[it is all about multiple thought-levels]

cpdesign
cpdesign profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

redrabbit: I didn't mean for it to be creepy, but if that's how you interpret it that's fine. Just your personal opinion. Thank you to all above for your nice comments and votes.

Nancella

I agree a bit heavy on the yellow.

ma17

I do think it's a little creepy. Yet I can't stop looking and I think I really really like it.

cpdesign
1 design submitted -

Yellow shape behind dolls is meant to be like a spotlight and also is influenced by the vintage Charles S. Anderson look of old style print making where they would have layers of ink be off register.

marakas

good design .... 5

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

you are a fine designer sir

nonolarson
nonolarson profile pic Alumni

I'm not not a big fan of the yellow shape around them but I really really love the drawing style. 5

rangermatt

interesting symbolism. but are you supposed to say when someone askes why the heck there's a creppy doll chained to a bear on your shirt? by the time you'd finish explaining the meaning, they'd be backing away from you veerrrrrry slooooowwwwwlllly.

kooky love
kooky love profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

GREAT STYLE $5

mumbojumbo

creepy! the doll reminds me to Chucky, an evil doll.. lol

But it's cool!! (5$)

helloklaire

its really great but a little too sinister looking. plus these long drawn out explanations are KILLING ME! the design should speak for itself, you shouldn't have to speak for it.

MissFridz

i love it ...its so cute!

cpdesign
1 design submitted -

I guess I thought it was pretty self explanitory, I just wanted to describe my personal idea on the concept. Everyone see's things differently I guess. I don't see a scary doll, I see a more positive outlook of love. Maybe the yellow highlights on the dolls face makes her look scary? Oh well!!

Driftnaught

this is mad dope son. i'd wear this hotness to bojangles

The Amazing Duck

Too creepy for me, but then Im a chicken with what I wear :)

southerngirl

Cool design - very thought provoking. I think it would look better on a dark colored t shirt though.

onurbgrafix

It would have been great without the yellow outline.

organ-donor

love the teddy bear

schneidsra

i find it creepy too. but i would take that as a compliment as to how well you've drawn it.

cpdesign
1 design submitted -

Thanks again for all your votes and comments so far.

tsetse

Great design and color skill, but sadly, I would not emblazon this on my chest.

Jena4lopez

this dosn't make any sence without your comment.

kaloyster
kaloyster profile pic Alumni

The style reminds me of Silence of the Lambs (shirt design), which is a good thing.

ashrz23

this is a really great illustration, but the colors are disgusting. sorry. emphasis on the good illustration though.

SusieO

your explination of the shirt made me like it $5

cpdesign
1 design submitted -

Sorry ashrz23 you don't care for the colors I was going for retro colors, something different. Thank you SusieO and kaloyster for your uplifting comments.

No account?
Join Us