Bricks

• by imurray
  • posted Sep 19, 2006
  • 23 Comments

You cannot deny your love for old school Mario. I'm sure everyone would recognize the mustachioed plumber on a shirt, but what about a little more subtle approach? Best of all, you can't copyright a block!

Watch this
DaStarBillie

Why just the bricks? Why not have mario hitting one or something?

imurray

I think that may be copyrighted material. Besides, I'd like to think the bricks have become just as iconic as the man breaking them.

But then again, I may be wrong.

rusgoodman

Whether the blocks are iconic or not doesn't matter if the shirt is boring.

djakes2

You can get it with Mario at K-Mart or something. It's better subtle. I really like this. 5.

psshaw

Cute idea, but not very well executed.

Fwuzzle

Subtle? Or just boring. There's nothing to the design. Sorry.

imurray

That's your choice. It was djakes2 choice to call it subtle. And hence, the rule of opinions was born.

flembo
flembo profile pic Alumni

I wanna put this as delicately as possible, because i think your designs have potential. I too love to go crazy and execute lots of ideas in my head... but i feel like maybe you would benefit from picking a design idea and really focusing in on it and making it the best it can be before you submit it. Again, nice ideas, but try taking them further.

organ-donor

woo.. i like the idea.. i'd wear this

rebeccalynnis

i love it. 5. not boring... it gets to the point; nothing is better than old school nintendo.

skafiend007

wow... um... you should lie down... bet you're tired after all that... um... work.

podium_06

so what was your work here? trace the blocks from the original game? super mario was cool but this sucks!

ljluense

sorry, but i also think it's quite lacking. i don't mind the idea, i like old school stuff, but the illustration could use some better execution. it looks very 1-d currently. i think if you could add something to make it look more dimensional it would look more appealing.

another thought, ideas similar to this have been done before, much better. there was one a few weeks ago that was amazing, but i can't think who submitted it.

JeffreyyS

The question mark is wrong. you are just a poser, pretending to love mario.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

I agree with kirsten. She is pretty and saucy.

Don654321

Hey Cool, i like the whole love hate protection thing, good vs evil and the babe oblivious to its fate. US vs Saddam and babe = iraq ..........or militias (perception) trying to save iraq from the US.

cool

Don654321

wrong design sorry murray

Scrub

Wow, this brings back memories.

No account?
Join Us