Ghost Bot

• by pheakdey
  • posted Sep 15, 2006
  • 38 Comments

The Red Khmer tore through Cambodia with land mines and guns and sharp bamboo knives. With a flag of ignorance they tried to destroy art, science, religion, books and bifocals-they sought to destroy knowledge.

After the war, refugees had numerous accounts of dhammads. Images of people blown away by land mines and war. Half of their bodies missing. Organs hanging out. Their faces unrecognizable.

Not alive. Not dead. They were only seen feeding on the watery fluids and ruptured capillaries of the dead.

Dhammad's are ghosts in the truest sense. Still hanging onto life by a thread, seeking any existence even where there is no need. Dhammads are of no use to the living but cannot let go of life.

Watch this
Ktt

Whoah, this is awesome~ you chose perfect colors in my mind. I'd wear this!

jayman22

i like everything alot, except the tounge...it scares me

wretchmuffin

Elegant (if deeply creepy) explanation. Nice design, too.

katolms

Thanks for the detailed explanation, however, it only solidifies my thought that I would never wear it...nice illo though!

DAVMVP

Cool, it's the Gunm'spirit !

clearpepsi

i love it, a little hard to read on that collor of tee - but I am not sure that's a problem? - I would buy it...

Monkey II
Monkey II profile pic Alumni

nicely done

Noobits

creeptacular

flembo
flembo profile pic Alumni

nice line art, and appropriate color choice for the design too.

DragonFLY Robot Zero

I LOVE IT MAN. Keep the toungue its very Gene Simmons kiss style love the little extra text touch you got going gives it a little story definate 5!!

Hackingjob

Me heart half dead robots.

AzrimEkim

Don't change a thing, especially not the size.

shk

$5

phones

yeah, real good

nonolarson
nonolarson profile pic Alumni

Really good illustration. Only 5 coz I have no $.

kinojay33

Great shirt; I would definitely buy it.

FallenTime

I'd never know the history behind the shirt without the designer telling me. To me at first glance it looked like a half finished robot or even an abandoned robot. I like the complicated design with the "guts" and I think the head should match those designs.

archbar

I'd wear it.

aperobic

a litle bite to darker for me but the design is great.

thINK
thINK profile pic Alumni

Cool!

ysy101
ysy101 profile pic Alumni

$5 because it's good, thoughtful, and I'm Cambodian :)

denormaliser

the explaination would make sense if the creature wasnt all cybernetic looking. i think its just silly/wanky

Gromit

that is stunning, gorgeous artwork. 5$

tommskii

Does it irritate anyone else that it says "Score for: 1 more days" instead of "1 more day"?

pudd.n

i might be totally off the mark but i would buy it if the head was gone and the torso was fitted under the shirt collar - more like an x-ray version of what was inside the wearer...

pheakdey

thanks everyone for your comments, please look forward to my next submission. This is a robot version of the actually ghost, intestines hanging out with guts is too gruesome for me. oooooooh to user: DAVMVP Gunm'spirit!!! you got it right on man, his art is super sick.

lambert13

Love the design and the shirt color $5. I'm sick of all the pretty and cute shit.

No account?
Join Us