Close
One second...

Analog Carrot.

• by smo
  • posted Aug 17, 2006
  • 36 Comments

holy cow!!!! you're a visionary!!!

the uprooted deformed discolored carrot, out of his element, yet attempting to adapt to a world changing around him, without relinquishing his grasp on his own ground of "carrotness." he indeed knows why the caged bird sings. yet the "bird" can be freed from the fetters of technology if it so chooses. perhaps the bubble incapsulating the bird is the facade of technological advancement and capitalist materialism that drives us to find that next new "thing." yet on the inside, there is the carrot, the trapped bird who still sings. the satisfaction with being of the earth, of being natural, of being; analog.

Watch this
Nanotaku

I'm going to have to agree with smo on this one.

Bzoink

...What?

slow_learner

those are some big ass words, so i have no choice but to agree.

alyyx

smo, you must've done amazing in school, your ability to BS is astounding.

dogtumors

Seeing this drawing is like seeing a foreign newspaper.

Drexel

$5

peter_john

haha Bob, you've been busy!

stalinsays

I can't believe how blown my mind is right now, blown right up. Good stuff - I'd buy it.

morning entry

I think smo was trying to say it makes no sense. and I would have to agree. Enlighten us?

candidlife

take analog off

vieves

can I give smo a $5?

camerondaigle

Allow me to do my best to translate Smo:

"the uprooted deformed discolored carrot, out of his element, yet attempting to adapt to a world changing around him, without relinquishing his grasp on his own ground of "carrotness.""

= WTF WHY IS THAT CARROT BLAKC

"he indeed knows why the caged bird sings. yet the "bird" can be freed from the fetters of technology if it so chooses. perhaps the bubble incapsulating the blah blah blah"

= That crazy carrot gots a bird! Holy Crap!

"yet on the inside, there is the carrot, the trapped bird who still sings. the satisfaction with being of the earth, of being natural, of being; analog."

= I likes to use commas. And semicolons. Analog.

... actually, that was one amazing paragraph of gobbledygook.

pixel_dust

If slogan submissions accepted that many characters, I'd totally want that paragraph.

Oh, and as for the shirt, cute carrot guy.

ashby

smo = $5

Biggie

lmao @ camerondaigle XD

yes, sans 'analog'

harryco79

umm..ok...Great design...would buy it..only for the design not the ummm.. message..5$

Alisa Harris

Awesomely weird. I like :)

quiksilverfox

I'll give is a $5 now that I have seen it. Your description last night was pretty accurate. - Mel

bashway

hahha. your too funny Smo.
like this idea, the lil story makes it even better!

helo

ac3duck,

Is the " O " dipped down a little so we'll focus
on the " ANAL " part of " ANALoG " ?

atomic child

so is this printed on the back of the shirt then

rockylovestees

take off "analog" and put on what smo said.

$5

Flying Gerbil King

I'm getting the foreign newspaper vibe as well.

zzz

hah?

itwasa_trick

i agree with pixel_dust... smo's explanation needs to be a slogan tee!

Invader.Manders

i'd get it just because of the thread

Randis

Stop hating on smo. The ability to talk like that (i.e. BS) is the calling card of a great art critic. He probably made the creator of this shirt feel like a million bucks.

Also, 5.

Stormstar1

I thought smo was being satirical and probably gave the shirt a 0.

smo

hello friends! to disband certain rumors milling about in these thirty two comments of greatness, i did indeed give this shirt the ultimate score of five with the secondary endorsement of "i'd buy it." ac3duck has since contacted me, thanked me for my praise, and has offered me a free shirt if you deem his design a winner! so please spread the word! i can't last much past the summer without a shirt!

phlegm.atic

very well, i must do as told - 5$

ac3duck

thanks everyone for your comments and votes!
thanks, smo!

peter_john

smo, you might want to be sure you don't go around confusing people on a public forum too often. you'll give us all headaches!

mutual ganglion respect please. thx!

No account?
Join Us