Close
One second...

B.Y.O.B.

A t-shirt I designed in a similar style to that of Shepard Fairey, but with a twist.

Watch this
Addicted to Colour
Addicted to Colour profile pic Alumni

I think it would be funny if you took out 'bring your own bombs' (a rip of system of down anyway) and just had BYOB and the plane dropping bottles of beer. I love the style though - if you made those changes i'd love to have that hung on my wall.

linoleumrose

i like it, especially the colors

joecacola

what addicted said.

jaz999

Is that you, Dean?

jaz999

Sorry, just that someone in my illustration class used the same design (different text tho) once for a lino cut project. What's your reference?

helo

It looks like
Bomb Your Own Beers

helo

^ not the text -- the image, I mean

zephed6980

System of a Down, JAZ. sweet song, but i see a potential copyright infringement.

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

I don't really like the system of a down reference. If I wanted to promote them i'd just wear one of their tees.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

This DOES look very familiar....

I thought it was just because it's clearly inspired by Russian Constructavism. BUT if other people feel this may not be original art, I have to skip.

bluegabs

shep fairy called.

wants his art back.

PhoenixAtDusk

Yeah, I originally made the design for a class where the object was to emulate an artists style amd express a song or poem at the same time. It is an emulation of shepard fairey, based on an soad song. Sorry if it doesnt appear too original, I'm working on another design at the moment. Just thought you all might like this one.

Dagget

good for hipsters
but isn't everyone a hipster these days?

eskimokiss
eskimokiss profile pic Alumni

Yeah, why do people always think this style is shepard faireys? As mezo said.. he was inspired by Russian Construcivism

kaloyster
kaloyster profile pic Alumni

The plane reminds me of You Sank my Battleship

seaofballoons

without the text, it would look walmart-ish. i don't like the colors :/

Barton Burns

MUST have this shirt... Love the old Soviet style art. $5

xypherscompany

SOAD will kill you for copyright infringement. other than that, YAY SOAD REFERENCE <3

robotpirateer

With a twist...? More like a rip-off, why don't you do a Banksy rat the next time...but with a twist.

croox

OK OK The moron that said BYOB is a ripoff of SOAD is well... a moron!

BYOB stands for BRING YOUR OWN BOOZE when it's a party invitation.

Love the shirt though

amelia knoxville

i thought byob means bring your own booze. so i misread all them party invatations...damd. ill know to bring bombs next time.

themarquisde

i loved this in class [definately one of the top three], but i'm not sure it works on a t-shirt

formalattire

dude where is the twist on shepards style , way to rip.

grfx1

I second bluegabs

A-perfect-circle

it would b good but it seems like it breaching somkind of a copywrite law

PandaSusana

It's not really a rip off. It DOES look like the shepard fairy stuff, but only as much as they BOTH look like old russian propaganda posters. Google it.

DrPangloss03

hooray for system of a down

jayman22

bunyons on your bottom

the Teej

be your own bear!

Theowlrulestheworld

Hey the Teabag! “Here's 20 cents. Call all your friends and bring back some change.”

alexbartleet

Dude i am so telling Giant on you! He is one of the best Graffitti atrist ever ever.

SlicedUpEyeballs
  1. sorry. I like shepard's stuff, and have for many years. But you are not him....
wired_fractal

where's the twist? Am I missing somethin' on this shirt??

inter71

Juxtapose.

mdwebb

no twist.

koi three

why would you want to copy obey..... Looks like you just copied an obey poster or shirt. I HATE OBEY !!!!!!!! Did you know his DJ events get sponserd by Starbucks and Scion. arrgghhh what's next buff monster style....

No account?
Join Us