Close
One second...

Fossil Fuel

• by enslen
  • posted May 04, 2006
  • 50 Comments

If it wasn't for the dinosaurs we would have no gasoline. True story.

Fun facts about my design:

1. Mr. Tyrannosaurus Rex himself modeled for my design.

2. The gas can is a 5 gallon can.

3. Fossil fuels really kick butt!

Watch this
teametc

i love dinosaurs so im almost obligated to give this a good score

kirksheltonart

some scientists think thats bullshit and that the earth naturally produces oil.

hermywonwon

Agreed with theworldinyour_eyes, the arrows seem too simple. But the dinosaurs are well executed.

helo

the magazine WIRED had an article
showing the view kirksheltonart
is referring to

StPip

OMFG!
MUST BE PRINTED!!!!

kembrew

Gasoline = Dinosaur blood

THAT'S CALLED SCIENCE YA'LL!

enslen

DUDE! IT'S CALLED PROMOTION! IT'S WHY THEY GIVE YOU FANCY BANNERS SO YOU CAN BLOG ABOUT IT!

I don't run that site, I messaged the guys that do and said "Hey, I thought you might like my shirt, run it if you want to." They must have liked it because THEY RAN IT!

dphizz

fetus face, do you even know what spam is?

tee__bee

smart and cute !!!!!!!
i want one now.

robertcooper

Actually, Mr. Tyrannosaurus Rex did not model for this design. It is an altered image from Jurassic Park Publicity materials by Artist Mark 'Crash' McCreery, and is © Universal City Studios. So maybe not so smart to print this T-Shirt.

c_case

love this

Kaintely

I like the design and concept, but the colour choices for the shirt are horrible.

b00mb00m

OMG! I LURVE THIS DESIGN!

xcamelopardalis

i think it looks awesome
i think the colors are awesome, everyone else is fool who wouldnt know that dinosaurs are very particular about the colors of shirt thier likeness is put on. I know this because i often talk to dinasaurs, especally when i am filling up my gas guzzling truck-o-saur. I would buy one, i hope you win

htw

Great design, but AWFUL colors for the shirts. Would have rocked on black.

enslen

LET ME ADDRESS SOME CONCERNS PEOPLE HAVE:

1. THE IMAGE OF T-REX IS NOT COPYRIGHTED! It is not from the movie Jurassic Park, the original image I used does not look like the T-rex featured in JP at all in terms of color and scales but yeah, they share similar shapes because: they are the same dinosaur. Duh.

2. I DID NOT RIP OFF THE IMAGE FROM ANOTHER ARTIST. See point 1. Here are images for proof:

THIS IS THE IMAGE I USED:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/masterdick/mytrex.png

THIS IS WHAT THE JP TREX LOOKS LIKE:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/masterdick/jurassic_park_tyranosaurus_rex.jpg

3. I AM NOT SPREADING IGNORANCE! I am playing on the view that it is referred to as fossil fuels and that some people think that oil does come from Dinosaur skeletons. I know how oil is created. It's just a joke people.

But anyways, why does everyone complain about shirt color? Shouldn't it be the design we are judging here and not the shirt color? I just picked 3 colors I liked but I figured if people said what colors they liked, I could choose a different color to have it printed on in the end or Threadless would do it themselves if the colors are as horrible as you people say they are.

jotoy

OMG! I LURVE THIS DESIGN!!1l!
and the designer! haha but really, i'm digging how angry people are getting. i'd wear it too if the white became the shirt color.

Kaleidoscope*swe*

the design is ok but if your going to a have a number of colour options you should pherhaps change the colour of your design to match the tshirt. I would also advice you to fill the white parts of your design to the colour of the shirt.

Rob Green

i like the idea a lot... but I wish the illustartion was much more creative.

calvin182

I so saw this on BoingBoing.

I know you addressed these issues already but I do agree that the arrows are dull (maybe they would look better if they looked like they were drawn from a dry erase marker of something?) and the colors are pretty bad, BUT, the version on black looks great!

Overall I'd say 3.5 but Threadless isn't that specific PLUS .5 rounds up so here's a nice 4 for you. Don't go spending it all in once place now. lol.

Perceive

i loke it!!! put it on a black shirt and you got something here!

Notor!ousD!no

you guys get way too uptight about a shirt...

beachghetto

three pieces of clipart...aligned.

it's more commentary than art.

loke is a strong word but some people loke things others may not loke.

KarlGustav

I want this shirt just for the controversy.

kembrew

I voted two days ago and my boner is still raging.

janell6267

why is there an X on the gas can ? To me that is saying dinosaurs do not contribute to the fuels.

shadowboy

janell6267, at 10:12am on May 11, 2006
why is there an X on the gas can ? To me that is saying dinosaurs do not contribute to the fuels.

The X in the can is part of the metal, stamped in to increase rigidity. Put down the ipod and go mow the lawn for once.

labiapatrol

agrees with Kaleidoscopeswe about the colors

mattkoss

love the design, would really rethink the color matching.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Way to do a Live Trace!

Aleesun<3

hahah
très bon

trstan

If dinosaurs really turned into oil shouldn't there be more drilling being done in Bedrock, CO?

NatySpaghetti

i like the message but i think the arrows need work. If you use ilustrations (dinousaurs) you are sorta obligated to follow the same language..the gasoline can is also falling a little behind.. if the dinosaurs are so detailed, then why the others arent?

NatySpaghetti

oh and i think if its going to be red, you could find better colours to enhance the image better..

Thickblueink

killer. who doesn't love hydrocarbons?

Ti_Hn

nice

No account?
Join Us