Close
One second...

Screwed At the Pump

• by cphunt
  • posted May 02, 2006
  • 46 Comments

Meant to get this in sooner. You know how it goes.

Watch this
sheriff wendee

this is just very tasteless i am sooo done with the bathroomsign people i'm really sorry but i really don't like it

little g
little g profile pic Alumni

I think it's funny and frustratingly true. I know there have been a lot of icon style people submissions but I'd rather see this type of... errr.... interjection as simplistically as possible. That's just my 2¢. Make the person either all white or all black and I'll buy it.

hans1247

Oy. No.

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

I feel like this was taken almost directly from the Daily Show a few nights ago. Their bit was funny.

sham.rock.

i laughed at the idea, but would never ever wear it on a tshirt...

timkinsIII

yeah...um...i was trying to think of some other adjectives, but "tasteless" describes this pretty well.

suspiria

this works better on a comedy show, but on my chest? eh

cphunt

For the record, the Daily Show spoof, which IMO only peripherally resembles this, aired last night or the night before (I saw it last night at 7:00 pm). I entered this on Monday or Tuesday of this week. The design is tasteless, not plagiarist.

Thanks for the comments. I'm still feeling my way around to find the razor-thin taste of the Threadless crowd.

cardcastleruins

sorry man this is dumb. Slightly humorous but not on my shirt. keep trying

mini dukes III

I wouldn't buy something so simple.

Aristarchus
Aristarchus profile pic Alumni

"Tasteless"?

I don't think you people know what this word means... It's not a great design, but it doesn't qualify as "tasteless", unless you are truly offended by a parody of someone being sodomised by a gas pump...

carazuri

ugh.
Okay idea, but the style is pretty. bland.

elphabasoup

um funny concept... would like to see it drawn less like those shirts with the bathroom door people.

newjerzey71

not a big fan of the "bathroom door" people

nice uhh concept

El_Dictador_Cubano

wow, I didn't get that for the longest fucking time...

dumb shirt.

dolbi

Euuummm

Heffer

Yep.

ChimChereee

theres a version oof this shirt already produced by some company.

nicole_l

Definitely tasteless.

seanalton

Absolutely BRILLIANT.
Kind of vulgar,
but come on now!
WE'RE GETTING SCREWED AT THE PUMP!!

prostheticprintshop

i love it! ithink it is funny, and makes an awesome point.

klemmari

Now I could be wrong, but are you actually trying to say you're getting ripped off for petrol? In the US?!! Where petrol is literally half the price of most of the developed world and, I'd imagine, is a pretty big reason behind the huge car culture and subsequent staggering levels of pollution inflicted onto the world?

Or maybe there is some current craze with people leaping out to sodomise innocent car drivers at petrol pumps, in which case, interesting design.

nostromo47

I don´t find it so offensive...

Seannerz

saw it at Spencers...

indigoglass

"I don't think you people know what this word means... It's not a great design, but it doesn't qualify as "tasteless", unless you are truly offended by a parody of someone being sodomised by a gas pump..."
- Aristarchus

No, sodomy by inanimate object is an enlightening topic which every individual loves to be bombarded with every day on other people's clothing!

ranal

Crap.

Big Ed

indigoglass: Ha ha!! ^^

cphunt: Ick. True or not, that's just nasty.

Salsa Shark

Wearing this automatically makes you a hilarious person.
"Gas prices, am I right guys? LMAO!"

No. Bad. Wrong.

boyfriend-bill

there are unicorns making sweet love, mermaids being chopped up, and other things of that nature on this site. how is this really that tasteless? I think the pump is a little in proportion , but really its not that bad. I would wear it.

boyfriend-bill

sorry correction. the pump is out of proportion. my bad.

Simonbk

c.r.a.p, thats it, its like your not even trying

amigovirgen

this will be da bomb in Argentina!!!
I dont drive so... I don't like it

myloveisinzooyork

if the pump weren't so big, and the body wasn't white, I'd like it.

glassrain

hm...great concept, but I feel liek it's the kind ot thing I would see on a "college humour" type t-shirt website...if that makes sense. I would agree that it should all be one colour though..

Cokeman170

Cruddy

Ridiculous

Assenine

Provocative

velvetsamurai

true, but not something i would want on a shirt

levarris

yeah it took m e forever to figure out what was going on

Cinnamongir1

I got it right away but it's just not clever. Overdone.

shandoah

haha, barf...geeeeeeze

ivegotnothing

no...
just... no

definitely college humor (immature)
and that's coming from a college student

No account?