Close
One second...

Listen to Everything

• by Jack Noel
  • posted Apr 18, 2006
  • 33 Comments

If your ipod breaks, and for the first time in a while I was forced to walk the streets to the soundtrack of nothing but your environment, embrace it. There's plenty going on around us that all too often neglected.

Watch this
cremated

i'd buy this.

bleedsblueandgold

cool idea...i know how you feel with your ipod breaking, i had mine for a year (almost exactly) and it up and died one day, and my friend had hers for about 4 months before it up and died as well. what is up with ipod's all of a sudden?

sorry about the mini-rant, 5 for the design =)

Design

Awesome T. 5$. Ipods suck

carin_eli

i love this thought. so muched is missed when we distract oursleves.

Leenie691

is that a wad of gum?

yessss!

missyailsa

amazing- love this

.onion
.onion profile pic Alumni

if i wanted to listen to the "environment," i'd plug my headphones into more natural thing like trees or birds. not a can of paint. i think the message is good but the execution is pretty lame.

freehandprofit

.onion is trippin'. great execution. not fond of the color but that's my personal taste. VERY strong design. great work.

bonnie_luvs_shirts

Sigh I AM the only one who doesn't listen to music :(

beechcraft11

and I AM the only one who loves ipods :(

alacyt

This is cool but there are actually a LOT of things you shouldn't listen to. Like pretty much everything on the radio. Especially those radio stations that deem themselves "new rock."

kjaydeck3

I'd dig it if that pink color was a little brighter, or more orangey.

kjaydeck3

I especially like the egg and the candle, by the way.

Dannybolabo

I like how you didn't just c & p the headphones. Me like. 4

coexist

I went through each image and imagined the sound each makes, and when I saw the paint can, I automatically thought of the noise the paint can made in this computer game I used to play called Catz (and Dogz, and Babyz...). Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

timrb
timrb profile pic Alumni

to paraphrase a threadless staff member (I believe), looks like you've made friends with mr. cutnpaste.

you have a good idea here. But the repeating headphones hurt my eyes. I notice that you tried to break it up by perturbing the cord, but that is not enough. I'd have one set of headphones plugged into all those objects. It would look better, be stylistically cleaner, and be more clear at first glance.

Reconsider the colors as well.

Again though, good concept, keep refining.

ranal

I love this.

Be sure to always listen to what your pillow is saying

xtiff

ipods must die.

alacyt

I think timrb has a good point. The single pair of headphones could be at the top, with the wires connected to each object. It would be simplified and still make the same point.

daniellam

i've had mine 2 years + not one problem. it's a 3rd genn.

good point but do you need so many headphones ?

elscorchogal

smart. i really like it.
all of your designs are awesome!

scrumpt10us

I love this idea. It has a great message too.

made1inedi

$5
Screw iPods .

tangledsailor

I love the colors and the vintage look of it like the purse & teapot!

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

Egg! Yeah! 5.

This will be printed, have no doubt.

thimblewinder

it's a cool idea, the repetition of the same exact pair of headphones makes it less interesting, though. i'd try making different styles of headphones, or, as someone said above, making one set of headphones plug into everything.

jar_bombadillo

er... except that some of those things don't make sounds...

Cinnamongir1

Am I the only one that would kill for an IPod?

yeohgh
yeohgh profile pic Alumni

hahaa, love it and good idea!!!

Sushiful

I like that you used the same headphones, but I just think everything they're connected to should make a sound, even if it's soft and quiet, you know?

No account?
Join Us