Close
One second...

Lonesome George looks for a wife

-------------------------------------------------------

SINGLE MALE TORTOISE looking for a single

female Pinta tortoise – any female Pinta tortoise.

I’m not picky! I enjoy martial arts movies, watching

Blossum re-runs, and unicorns. I dislike wasps, bad

oral hygiene, and scratchy underwear. Give me a call.

I’m lonely.

-------------------------------------------------------

Brief info on Lonely George:

Lonesome George is the last known survivor of a species of giant tortoise that once thrived on the island of Pinta in the Galapagos. The Pinta island tortoises were believed extinct until 1971 when National Park wardens discovered a single male tortoise on the island (George). And for the last 35 years scientists have been unsuccessfully trying to find a female Pinta tortoise to mate with George in hopes of preventing his species from going extinct.

More info can be found at:

http://www.pettortoise.co.uk/lonesome_george.php

Note: this design was meant to be a caricature of Lonesome George. It’s not supposed to be anatomically correct.

Watch this
hannabear

aw this is cute and I like the story behind it. =]
haha and the scientific reindition of the female is just beautiful!

eat_kohlrabi

He certainly looks lonesome!

I like it.

M. R. Murphy

man, the movies i had to watch in evolutionary biology classes about that guy. it's so depressing.

ludicrous louisa

That's awesome. You've done a shirt that works on jade! And I love the seal

Max F
Max F profile pic Alumni

excellent !

lightwarmth

I like this. The idea is very nice, and I like the look of the turtle. What a helpeful comment, I know... 4.

silverkey

This is cute! They could all have a thought bubble with the female tortoise in it so everyone would know they are looking for Lonesome George's future wife. :D

Leroy_Hornblower
Leroy_Hornblower profile pic Alumni

For whatever reason I thought 40K was the maximum size you could submit an image at. So I apologize for the grainy appearance. The original is far cleaner.

Thank you for the comments.

eskimokiss
eskimokiss profile pic Alumni

great illustration!

CheesecakeBree

This is so rad. Not only is the art cool, but I love the meaning and concept behind it.

Kaylao

Absolutely fantastic!

jett

love it.

Tee-Funk

The story sells it. Your a legend.

cznation

i like it, but aww the turtle looks kinda sad

janell6267

awww, good job! $5

beeski

fantastic illustration!! Great story and meaning behind it too... i hope George finds that wife!! poor George :(
$5$5$5$5$5

Summer_milo

The seal on the back is the best thing EVER! Just look at her jont and folly!!! $5 and $5 for every friend I have!!!

yakuzapenguin

this is such a cute design
and i love the shirt color too!

$$$5.

Andy Mason
Andy Mason profile pic Alumni

soooooo adorable... i wish i had a female tortoise for him

stellaluna84

I loooove this shirt! AND the colour is spectacular! I woult totally buy this!!!

stillusio

I love this shirt so much. However, can I make a controversial suggestion? It needs the text on the back of it, or below the design, or whatever. The text makes it like five million times more awesome. ^_^

asher27
asher27 profile pic Alumni

and i agree with the above

$

(maybe text on the sleeve?)

BandPromoter

Aww, damn that's cute. I wouldn't wear it, but it's cute.

streetwise
streetwise profile pic Alumni

5$ good one

Shx

awhhh... if i had this tee i couldnt resist tellin all my friends th story behind it... which is what i love about threadless... the MEANING!!
xx 5

smallapple

i neeeeeed this shirt to survive!
5$

FringedGinger

awwww! george!!! 5$$$$$$$$

fc gravy

nice

sheriff wendee

the story behind it is hilarious! i loveee it

ljluense

love it!!! i'd def buy! and i love the ad!!! and the finch!!! is that suppose to be darwin?

however, i think you need to put some sort of text to explain what's going on. i've been to the galapagos twice and i still didn't make the connection from looking at the art work alone. maybe throw the personal ad in somewhere, perhaps above the illustration, or have them side by side across the chest.

.onion
.onion profile pic Alumni

cute! and a great illustration for the story :]

Misanthropy336

TURTLE!!! :D It's so greeen... I'd buy it. xD

SlicedUpEyeballs

i like this because i just went to the Galapagos... i'd buy it, but i came back with 2 other lonesome george shirts. George isn't so lonesome though... he's just bored. I would be if i was cooped up in the cage hes in too.

Shitblaster

Excellent design...unfortunately it clashes with the t-shirt colour! a potentially good t-shirt ruined by fact it is camouflaged!

gatosolsuncat

I love you, Leroy Hornblower.

No account?
Join Us