Close
One second...

Rough day at the office

• by gameyy
  • posted Mar 01, 2006
  • 48 Comments

This is a re-post of my first sub, since the file was messed up... So if you could vote again on this, that would be great!

Watch this
Aristarchus
Aristarchus profile pic Alumni

You know, I've had days like this -- flaming car and everything.

I like this. The colours are hideous, but I still like this.

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

love the pink but his chi/ lip area is still messing with me, other than that it's perfect

fatherb

truly awful colours, but a great idea

HoustonVintage

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!

THE COLORS ARE FANTASTIC!

55555$

J00stans

fix the face up some and I'd be sold

_kapow

Yes, fix the face, the cheek looks too fat. Awazing shirt though. I like the colors. 5.

gameyy
gameyy profile pic Alumni

I love how no one is neutral here on the matter of colors. You either like it or hate it.

And I'm still not seeing the chin issue. I'll work with it a bit and post to my blog though.

gameyy

The cheek is supposed to be that way. He's eating. ;)

petecarrol

The face is perfect.

blue loonacy

colors are awesome....forget these naysayers
good job...only suggestion i could make is possibly getting rid of the straw in the drink and repositioning the arm holding it.....maybe a bit more on an angle and closer to the mouth....
the idea is great and the colors are perfect
if you work it out a little bit i would definitely give it a $5

JeRêve

I like that you have a backwards neon 'open' sign. That and the flames just make the shirt for me.

mikemills
mikemills profile pic Alumni

It does look like he has food in his mouth, but it looks kinda accidental - not like something you were intentionally trying for. Otherwise, the colors are great, the scene outside is amazing, and I'd definitely wear it.

Ellsswhere
Ellsswhere profile pic Alumni

i really like it, but the face is funky, and the colors are alittle strong
4 in hopes the face may get fixed

gameyy

I kind of agree on the face looking accidental. Check my profile for some of the works in progress. He wasn't chewing in earlier versions.

landosamorm

The colors are a little wild... change the pink to a darkish red or something and it's beautiful.

Ava Adore

i dont mind the colours.
nice work

scoutti
scoutti profile pic Alumni

it still looks amazing, gameyy
who cares about the background ;-)

mikemills
mikemills profile pic Alumni

The new stuff looks better! I like the toothpick in the mouth version. It might look cool if half his face was in shadow, too...
Enough suggestions. It'd be great to see this printed with a little - ahem - facelift. Good luck, dude.

problematic

That's awesome. I love everything going to shit out the window. I've had days like that.
I also LOVE orange and hot pink together.
Maybe lessen the weight of the shadows on his face.
They're a bit too strong, and they detract from the rest. Rawk.

im_not_jane

I actually love the c olors.

snapdash

niceee.....

radiostaticstar

i don't know why, but everytime i see his face i see dave mathews...

mZtriZ

hmm everyone seems to hate the colours but i love them! ;D

blue loonacy

im not sure if theres a way to message you privately so ill just leave one here....the new stuff looks really good....the blue and orange scheme is incredible....i like what youve done with the positioning of the hand too
resubmit that one for sure
good work man

Shredpirate

Awesome design. Im loving the colors. The burning car adds to his facial expression.

gameyy

The interpretations for this are really interesting! I really hadn't intended this to be a "bad day" kind of a sub. He's actually supposed to be some sort of mafia type, and he's just blown up the car and gone in for a bite at a nearby diner. (See the remote detonator sticking from his pocket...)

Very interesting, though. :)

love_lingers

very great looking ... i'll give ya a 5.. i really want to drink what he's drinking... i totally love the idea

Gringz
Gringz profile pic Alumni

i will look good in this

wildanimals

this is awesome. the colors are perfect. it's neon, for cryin out loud!

getlettuce

awesome. and as much as i think the colors are hideous, the more i love them! it really sets the design off!

stickyricegirl

ok from experience. PINK ON BLACK LOOKS EFFFING AMAZING !

LOVEEEEE!

Wesaynothin

I like the colors. Reminds me of Taxi Driver for some reason.

gameyy

"awesome. and as much as i think the colors are hideous, the more i love them! it really sets the design off!"

You know, that's the same way I feel about this color scheme. When I first colored it, I kept the ttones very subdued and subtle, but as time went on I felt that it really detracted from the effect of the explosion, and I wanted that neon sign to really pop. So on a whim I threw some hot pink in there, and suddenly it just worked. So yeah, these colors are the one thing I'm sure about for this.

wainj

looks great but I think it might fit a little better if he had a martini glass or something of the like

Jus A Rascal

I really hope this gets printed. The color scheme is awesome, fits the mood and all. I agree that maybe it would look a bit cooler if he was holding a martini glass, or one of those short round glasses with ice cubes.

PirateJim

yeah, that drink seriously feminizes him.

and it doesn't help that it is pink... with that straw??

but i like it anyway :)

gameyy

That was the point of the drink, really. Everyone's seen the tough guy go for a hard drink, but it takes a REAL man to sip from a shirley temple.

maryd5690

I love the colors

ApathyDeception

nice though the face is a bit controted and the cutout effetc ruins the face....if the face is reddefined it would make a good shirt!!!

If a cigar can replace the cup then it will be better!!!

sub rosa

not something i would wear, but the execution of the design is exceptionally clever! i think it because of the way that you present a sense of space through the lights and darks. good!

No account?
Join Us