Close
One second...

Ironic Slogan

Smart-ass comment. Low vote.

Watch this
Robsoul

smart ass comment with a smart underlying meaning.

Isn't this what almost every t-shirt company tries to achieve... go to urban outfitters or Target or where ever you shop for your tees (besides threadless) and this is the formula they all use.

it's a good statement, well done,,, I actually like the retro image with the "retro image" type!!! I think that maybe the "ironic slogan" is too in your face for the threadless crowd, even me, but the car alone with the "retro image" type would definitely fly. I'd buy it with that change.

grayehound

An ironic image that knows it's ironic. How ironic. Sure it's smart ass, and that's why it works and why it'd look great printed. Besides, the illustration is flawless and works with the idea very well. Well done!

redstar

can you guys tell me what "smart ass comment" means - I'm french so I don't underdtand. But I like the "ironic" aspect ...

please help me to understand this world ;)

mikemills

This shirt would get so many laughs around here. Probably too smart for its own good... 5$

pencilbomb

*Distressing of the Design is also a key ingredient to a trendy shirt.

I like this. well done.

helo

to redstar,

smart ass = smart aleck
smart ass = know-it-all
smart ass = wisenheimer
smart ass = An impudent or obnoxiously self-assertive individual

Your profile page says you're German.
Have you changed citizenship ?

helo

I think it's neat that from a distance
the muscle car on an orange shirt
tends to make viewers think of
Dukes of Hazzard while up
close the viewer will see the
formula used for many shirts
in a graphic format ( including
the design being distressed ).

Thus the message has more impact
with it being misinterpreted
from a distance and the viewer
finally understanding it when closer.

artbuyer

kinda funny idea, but maybe trying a little to hard to out-ironic everyone else. and hood scoops open in the front. flames on the side usually face backward, too, as if the car were moving forward. but maybe i just don't get how ironic all the mistakes are.

The Captain of Awesome

I would wear this. I like how it's on the same color as all those shirts too.

royal

This actually already exists, but with CRAP SLOGAN underneath the car.

fish..

iu would buy this in a minute if a wasnt a poor little weasle of an 15 year old.

FIVE.

JOHN2

This is fucking great!

Mr Rocks

This is gold. A great return to the subs from Mr Leino. Nothing but class, and of course, a $ and a 5!

Ellsswhere
3 designs submitted - Score now!

artbuyer... hood scoops open on the front... bone up on your american muscle cars my friend, take it from a transportation design major student... your way off. As for the design i like it except for the text at the bottom... as robsoul sed. Oh and not just because its text, but because its too long for the drawing, the lettering is spaced to far appart, bring each letter closer together and we might have a good design.

chaka bear

perfect. some things others said arent big deals and they need to chill.

helo

what's on the car is called a cowl

try : " hood " and " cowl " in a
google Images search

DSReskin

The anti-shirt the world so desperately needs.

SeraphNoctum

loos the "ironic slogan" and I'd give it a $5

SeraphNoctum

(plus...I don't like the font...if the font was more like the trendy fonts...then the text could stay)

Seannerz

As someone who works with type-setting on a daily basis, the only thing that sticks out to me is that "Retro Image" on the car seems to read opposite the car's direction. Traditionally with sheared lettering the forward slant gives a sense of motion and on the car it faces opposite the car's direction. Yes, this is trivial but in the end I really don't care because this design is intellegent and well done. $5.

Grebnesor

no matter what anyone says this is amazing

$5

Minsky

Love it! I'm sick and tired of companies creating ironic slogans on retro stylie tshirts so this is a great idea! Spiggin genius! $5

ohmystarsNET

wouldn't wear it but it's funny.. 4

allismarie

The shirt is just as much as an "ironic slogan" as it tries to satirize. Meh. I don't find it to be overly witty.

idefyu

i dig the idea and no I won't be one of those losers that searchs the internet for something similar to this so i can spray pretentious all over this site

toadvine

It's great, but too over the top for my tastes. 3

gfixler

That's bizarre. Two weeks ago in my office I scribbled out a t-shirt with a hand-drawn 3D block font in 3/4 view of the stacked words "RETRO OBJECT" (such that it looked like an object) with the text "NOSTALGIC MESSAGE" around it, and a few additional versions with the text in other locations. It didn't seem like it would have to be just right for it to read quickly enough to not be too annoying in and of itself. Now that I see a real version of the idea, I'm kinda meh on the subject, too. I'll give it (and by extension, me) a 4 for 'cleverness.' ;)

gfixler

I meant "it DID seem like it would have to be just right..."

loki35

wow, so original. cause, you know, i havent seen enough buttons on peoples bookbags that read "GENERIC PUNK PIN" and the like. not funny, or witty. its been done. 0.

Callum

I'd love it there was another title underneath it all, saying " ironic take on hot fashion item" or something along those lines. Irony on top of irony. Yeah!
Cal

Wesaynothin

Love the idea, but wouldn't wear it.

xPigeonx

What's peoples sudden fascination with orange?

wombatgal

You're my hero.
$5

Hayward

The text is all wrong. Why is it wider than the design? This will make the hips on the wearer more evident, and well... Fat.

lorlaur

I like the car.

Ditch the words though.

Mythsnlore

Mmmm... yes, I think so. 5 just the way it is.

StaneStane

Nice idea but overall performance is a bit lacking...

Ian Leino

Oh no, I must have plagiarized... myself? Haha. Seriously though, LT picked up the design after Threadless passed on it. Thanks for noticing!

No account?