Close
One second...

Battle Royale

• by Rockslide
  • posted Jan 23, 2006
  • 67 Comments

BATTLE ROYALE!!....this is my fighter.

I wanted to create a piece for the competition that captured the spirit of what a battle royale is, utter chaos, you never know what will happen next, and there's always a surprise twist at the end.

I hope this piece is all that. I wanted it to be an explosion on the shirt combining elements of all the threadless cliches, such as robot ninja vs. panda pirate and luchador penguin, and super emo girl head, and facet heart factory cloud station-haha, just to name a few. I wanted there to always be something new to see, the more you look, the more you find. And.....

Did someone say surprise twist ending?

-fold in A> to <B to see who is crowned threadless cliche king!!!!!!!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
grayehound
grayehound profile pic Alumni

Freakin egg, Rock, that's an awesome bit of linework. This could work on any shirt color with practically any ink. Seriously ranks up there with KID_Z's THREADLESS.

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

Oh rocky you doozy. fantastic

Aadam

perfect

stingerstyler
stingerstyler profile pic Alumni

Awesome man. This is a very good execution of the design cliche against design cliche idea. You drew them all in your own distinctive and cool style. Well done man!

ronlewis
ronlewis profile pic Alumni

sweet, you know you can't win your own comp. 5$

Nilla

Holy shit! This is awesome. If this does not get printed i am going to boycott Threadless. They need to print the designs like this and not the garbage they have been. 5$

staffell

Rocky; this ain't a criticism as such, but i think you should have made it explicit on the actual design that you could fold the tee in order to create the squid.....I'm sure it won't suffere because of this though.......

phones

ever thought about submitting something crap to mix it up a little?

tesko
tesko profile pic Alumni

it's like a Mad magazine fold up! awsome job on the illustration. I also like the colourway on your profile with the dripping heart underneath

WallsReallyWork

that would be funny if you won your own comp. really great

jiggerlo

you are so good that it's almost illegal. i love this idea.

pinkelephant

where/what is the battle royale anyway?

hayze

oh man.. this is awesome!

Rockslide
Rockslide profile pic Alumni

YES! ITS A FOLD-IN!!!!!

MATCH THE LITTLE A> to <B!!!

Sorry, I actually wanted it to be a little subtle, like a hidden secret, but I understand that it will actually help people score it if they know, so I'll hype it here, hence the all caps flame!

When you fold the shirt/design in it forms the cliche king, a giant squid wearing a crown!!!

Rockslide
Rockslide profile pic Alumni

haha, I didn't leave that second comment right there, I forgot that I was logged in on my fiance's laptop and she just entered that comment of support but it looks like I did it myself. Her screen name is heather13.

heather13

I am very embarrassed! Sorry Rockslide...My comment is still the same. This design rocks--regardless of whether or not he is my man!

rhymeswithpurple

this is a great design!!! the colors are awesome too $5

kody davies

i like the black with hot pink best. this shirt has all the funny components of threadless!

ps. did everyone notice howthe shirt folds into a single squid!? thats fantastic

MagicBLOND

this is the coolest design ever! its like the little kids pictures that fold up into another whole picture! i love it and would def buy it. i like black and hot pink

bridgerhill

i loooooove it! another shirt of yours id buy. youre my favorite designer on this website, theyre always so clever

vague wear

its fantastic! battle royale and the king squid! i especially love the unicorn, i wonder if thats a crack on an awful shirt i once saw on here.... heehawwneighneigh. jk.
threadless, print this! its hilarious. on black and hot pink please

staffell

Rocky's having a conversation with himself^

MissGilly
MissGilly profile pic Alumni

just as (and possibly more) awesome than the first time i saw it. the toast just makes it. love it. 5$

franx
franx profile pic Alumni

this is nothing but impressive. awesome job.

yellowman

Im always happy to see a design that ignores the idea of being simple and goes well over the top. I just hope people take the time to look at it because it is very very nice!

just the fact that you even atempted to make a fold in shirt is amazing, 5 $

whylime

awesome, I only wish the fold in had been designed the other way (with horizontal fold lines instead of verticle) so you could fold it up and show it off WHILE you are wearing it.

but yeah, i guess this was is more traditional.

awesomealli2650

I LOVe it escpecially if it were on another color.

$5

kaleidoscopehearts

i love designs like this with a lot going on, nicely done.
$5 - fo sho.

asher27
asher27 profile pic Alumni

i hate how ive been giving most of the battle royal designs 4s and 5s and 5 and buys....

hmm... would i buy this....
i think i would.
5+$

kidaro

Holy crap! A fold in, that's too great. Instantly brings me back to a simpler time, when MAD magazine was about the funniest thing there was. Al Jaffee!

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

Hot man. Just too hot.....sigh..... $5

badnobe
badnobe profile pic Alumni

genius!i love this design.i wish that people wouldnt say this is so busy, because this is really an awesome design!a winner.

meeaah

awesome! $5
i like this color but i like the the black & hotpink or black w/ heart better

kogii

FANTASTIC!!!

staffell

Rocky: You do realise that this is a must-printl simply because it will be the first shirt in Threadless history to have a secret "fold-in to reveal the king" mechanism!

Next time i'm gonna have a design that moves when you look at it and changes colour depending on your mood.

ekaj47

very clever, very well drawn. It looks real good as just a 1 color.

tikitoaster

wow...thats a fivemoney!

ACANTHUS

this is far kingtastic

sweetmonkeytuesday

what's with all the battle royale shirts? this is the 4th one ive seen today...

Rock-Deputy
Rock-Deputy profile pic Alumni

that's awesome! this Battle Royale is going to be hard to win...

Pukagurl

Those looks like the bread monsters from the Nordmarks!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us