• by timoni
  • posted Dec 09, 2005
  • 42 Comments

I love it. $5

Watch this
joysizzle

"she doesn't even know" much?

luconius

boxy sad robot looking down at about the same angleto an allusion to love does remind me a lot of She Doesn't Even Know. Unfortunately for me, I love this version as well, but since I already own the first one I don't think that I would buy this one. Sorry. Great illustration though, I just like it a lot.

wullagaru
wullagaru profile pic Alumni

damn .. I had meanto comment but I voted before I submitted teh comment .. anyway I waas gonna say that people were goign to rag on you for that (the "she doesnt even know" thing) but I also wanted to say that I liek it and the style

m0ngoos3

joysizzle beat me to it lol

digitusboy

...that's cool! $5

ban_dingbats

explodingdog much?
people need to stop stealing other people's styles on this site.

glow.in.teh.dark

cute! it's kind of hard to pick out the flower in his hand though

J0N4TH4N

yeah yeah. its been done... but id still buy it just because the other, cooler robot one is gone for good

marianne.misfit

It's actually not the first in the series (hopefully I'll get them all up here eventually); the robot, along with his shape, is actually based on a set of retail fixtures that I created for a store I'm designing, so it's not designed to be just like the other robots, although this one in particular did end up similar ... That said, I knew I'd get a few "it's been done" comments, but I like these guys anyway, and they did actually stem from something completely separate from "she doesn't even know", so I submitted them ^_^

(you can see the originals here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhines1/56184146/in/set-790987/ - and are actually a traced plan view of the fixtures in the floor plan, except with eyes and arms added)

kaloyster
kaloyster profile pic Alumni

"she doesn't even know" souped up with tank wheels.

clown_b

i'd wear it.

horsegal

i do like it, 5$

talisker

sad wittle wobot

jp07

i dont like the tank tracks on the robot... other than that its good.

peppersRspicy

rminded me immediately of the robot in Wallace and Grommet a Grand Day out

marianne.misfit

Haven't seen it, peppers, but I will now! :)

instantGRAVY

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! ROBOT!!

sporktastiq

i like it. it's better than "she doesn't even realize."

harmtire22

sad robot. :(
cute.

marianne.misfit

I don't mind that it reminds everyone of Exploding Dog; everyone has their influences, right? And I've got about a million! I'm just happy you like it - thanks for the comments!

empty27

cute? adorable? yeah i think so...

Yoksafiff

Yeah, it's a lot like 'She doesn't Even Know.' And yeah, since I have that t-shirt I wouldn't get this one. But I think your style is really cool. So, even though this one's probably not going to do too well, keep workin' at it!

LongLiveQueequeg

i am so sick of freakin' robots!!! especially mopey little broke-hearted ones!! WHAT'S THE DEAL?!?!

wonderwander111

so sweet, i love the sketchiness of it, soo...5

ambulance__

I absolutely LOVE it!

karls jr

$5 good job :]

dunni

I think this is much better than "She Doesn't Even Realize". Nice.

neverEnding

i know this is like she doesnt even realize.
and i love that shirt,
but i can see me wearing this one more than i do that one.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Sweet little bot. I like the freeflowing lines. Just wouldn't wear it.

johnba

I like the robot and yellow color ;)

kidsxnowadays

yeah.. this one can be "HE doesn't even know." maybe one day we'll get a submission where the two lonely robots meet and live happily ever after. or not. or maybe i'll just give this one a 5 and $ because it's nicely composed and i like the colors.

BumbleBee

who cares what it resembles, i think it is very well drawn and adorable, and i really want to give the robot a hug. i like this one better than 'she doesn't even realize' because it has more detail and the robot actually has some expression.

MaddCapp

so sad and emo-tastic

carcrashcliches

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

i feel bad for the robot but i would wear this in a heart beat!!

No account?
Join Us