Close
One second...

we should be more angry with our gods

This is my first time.

Some people say a god created us, I say we created all gods and that we should be able to get more mad at him or it for allowing stupid rich people to rule the world. What do they know, they believe in fake gods?

Mixed photos, 1 color waterbase black ink on all colors except darks then a discharge ink would work well. 9.5" wide x 13"tall

Watch this
Kafelnikov

Oh man, I like your thinking. Nice design. 5$

leftoverusername

Your cynicism and egotism astound me.

RAYMO3

Man what the hell are you trying to say "leftoverusername"... i think it rocks.....

Duran Card

It's pretty cool, but I don't think they'll let you have that kind of detail in the gradients of the shirt. You're limited to 4 colors, after all.

monkeykat

The part of me that hates overzealous hypocritical christians and the religious right LOVES this. Well done.

RoughWriter

i agree with catdog

it's a nice graphic, but better suited for other print formats. Shirts are better without such gradients

fidmninja

God loves even those who hate his children.

fidmninja

oh and nice artwork. really.

Rheagar

Hmm. created God, eh? so where did YOU come from? a bowl of soup? a mokey perhaps? possibly. but i still want to know where the monkey came from. And where the heck he got that bowl of soup.

ekaj47

Its only a 1 color logo - anyone that can print 4 spot colors on a shirt can print a 1 color halftoned logo -

if i knew where we came from i'm sure i'd be rich and famous right now and would not be doing artwork. - but i can make something up just as well as anyone else has. granted "something" had to of made "us" - i just dont think its the gods we create for ourselves - never has never will - throughout time humans have created countless gods for ourselves, becuase the fact is we really dont know. its just fun to make stuff up! plus, has god forced anyones hand recently to write a new chapter to his famous book? have there been any new prophets? any miracles any magic? seems to me like he would want to keep in touch with his greatest creation?

on the other hand - right before i die i will get scared, profess my love for jesus/god and i will be welcomed to heaven from what i understand about the "rules" to this game of life we play

jackanapes

skepticism and cynicism make me laugh. because they're such utterly stupid and depressing ways to live life. at least sartre had the balls to admit that if there's no God, then we're all just cosmic vomit and nothing matters.

stuf64

What a STUPID way of thinking. Let's see I rate this abig, fat honkin', ZERO!

mezo

Hm...really, you should have left out your commentary because it doesn't connect with your design. Rich people? Wha?

Anyway...I see this as taking a stab at Christianity and not encompassing ALL religions, as your "thesis" states. why else would you use the steeple with the cross & the infamous icon for Jesus' praying hands?

All of that aside, the graphic doesn't hit home for me. Your copy/pasted soliders appear to be trying to shoot each other with the hands making a barrier in between them. I can't see them aiming AT the hand.

The dark, leering cloud is effective & I am most interested the tiny emblem on the lower right...Exactly what is it?

love the member

Skepticism is the basis of belief, without those who question authority or power (or God for that matter) the definition of faith would be nonexistent. Faith is dependent on those who must have belief in things that are intangible – which makes it funny that you quote Sartre. Didn’t Sartre question the intangible aspects of life, existence, and what it means to exist? His satires and sarcasm are intertwined with cynicism all under the notion that his works were not meant to be taken as depression but an intuitive manner in which to question life as well as to not fall into line with those who have no ideas?

It’s funny to me how people think this logo is a stab at Christianity, of course if there’s a cross involved it must be Christianity; what was that about being egotistical?
It is the universal symbol, and it seems to me that here the cross is used more so as a symbol of not just religion, but whatever you may see to govern yourself. Your body is God’s temple, and you govern yourself – be more angry and inquisitive about yourself, or whoever made the rules you live by! It’s our duty to do so! I like it!
The logo is great! It’s dark, and mysterious, and look at the mixture of emotions that came about because of it.

jett

"anyone that can print 4 spot colors on a shirt can print a 1 color halftoned logo"

actually, that's wrong. it's right in the submission rules -- no tiny halftones. i don't know what Threadless considers tiny though, so you MAY be alright on that front -- i'm not sure. anyone know?

another thing... why is it so trendy right now to be intolorant towards Christianity? isn't that just as bad as the intolerance you're frequently accusing Christianity of displaying? honest question from a neutral party.

NeoRedXIII

"on the other hand - right before i die i will get scared, profess my love for jesus/god and i will be welcomed to heaven from what i understand about the "rules" to this game of life we play"

I just have to comment on how inconsiderable your reasoning is.

jett is right. Halftones don't even usually turn out looking that pretty on shirts. It doesn't even look like true halftone with black ink. It looks as if it is in a greyscale through your digital example. Don't give up.

ekaj47

on the final image, the halftones are not so "tiny" - i've set them at a 35 line screen at a 45degree angle and the final size of the logo is stated above so its not a tiny logo either. I would hope threadless would not have allowed it in if they thought it did not meet their guidelines? i've seen lots of halftoned logos recently, so i'm sure it could be made to work or fit within the rules if need be.

everyone, love the comments good and bad, mezo had some good stuff to say and said it well. i got a good laugh at "abig, fat honkin', ZERO! "

crumblingredsky

It really just looks like the hands are interfering in the soldiers' battle--sending the opposite message, that religion pacifies. Also, it IS specific to Christianity--ask Jews and Muslims if the cross is a "universal symbol"--or at the very very least, will be read as such, and while i'm the first to make inappropriate jokes, this isn't a joke and is thus actually kind of insulting. Plus it's one of those you'd have to explain to everyone you met. A painting, a drawing, sure. Not a shirt.

green-means-go

...Okay, think about that. If we created god or "the gods", then we must be more powerful than he/she/it/they...So who should we be "mad at" for "allowing stupid rich people rule the world"?

Your reasoning astounds me, and by the by, it is just as wrong to be intolerant of religions as it is to be an intolerant religious person.

Jesus!Versus!Godzilla!

I LIVE IN A SMALL, CHRISTIAN, BIBLE-THUMPING COMMUNITY.

So I say, "Yes, please."

KillerTofu30

When i first saw this, I thought it was pretty cool..but thought it had the exact opposite of a message. Something like, even though every one insults Christians we still stand strong.. guess not..

Scaper-X

Hee. A winnar is this shirt. Fiven + $. Good luck, would love to wear this design.

kyoki

makes me want to design a "which came first; man or god" kinda like the chicken or egg

wullagaru

in a way we did invent god .. or rather the idea of him that we hold today. im of teh belief that something out there created all this and then left us to fend for ourselves ..cal it god or what have you ..

and teh cross is specific to christianity there is no one symbol for religion so that gets in teh way of teh universal message youre trying to send.

as for teh actual design . .it has oodles of potential .. some of teh soldiers lok to be aiming at the hands while some look to be aiming at each other teh little thing in teh lower right is kind of distracting as you cant tell what it is here but I love teh people in white on teh bottom and teh hands are nicely place in teh steeple image but I think that teh men need to be smaller. as for teh half tones your right if they can print the colors tehy print they can print line screens just as easy. I just dont liek halftones. also teh lightning in the cloud would be cooler if it stood out more .. right now it looks liek teh cloud has veins

joeyjoey13

What's with Americans and their fucking Jesus, anyways? It's annoying and embarassing.

I vote for the cow religion, at least we might finally respect food and stop eating so much candy.

Great shirt.

November1134

best detail on white/maybe natural?

Crazy free spirit

I like this shirt because it can be interpreted how you want...it can seem pro religion, or anti-religion. I would buy it.

mckee002

Thanks, but I try to avoid being ostracized based on my t-shirt. +4 :}

jason_underground8

instead of hands, how about a whale.

harpoon the whale! ....D'oh! We have guns, not harpoonnzzz.

Thickblueink

so all these gods you speak of - your tee only has christian symbolism.

impossiblelove

really, it does look like the church, or jesus, or love or religion or something, is stopping a little war. but maybe they are taking out the church. just leave it open-ended and let people believe what they want!

amorforhenry

awesome work

good message

$5

get in!

BRO GUY

I'D WEAR IT AND I'M A BRO GUY.

jennicatr

great design. i like it best on white. id buy it.

Frenchi

Why do some people think they're soldiers? Anyway, I like this shirt probably because I think on the same lines as you do. Your reasoning supports your opinion, and your design is nice. Personally, I think that people are entitled to their opinion, as long as they are not harming anyone/anything or preventing them from living their life. Sure people will abuse that reasoning and say stuff like, "He's affecting my emotions," or whatever. I would elaborate, but this is not the place for it.

ekaj47

Frenchi - exactly - they are not soldiers! they are just a normal guy, my bro shooting a rifle out in texas. i love this site and its great when people get whats going on without the need for any explanation. and its also great to see how people see this other than my side, like Frenchi said, e veryone can have their opinion! thanks for the votes, even if it was a big fat Zero! still makes me laugh.

rAnCh_e

i think this is an awesome design and people need to just appreciate the art and not try to analyze every gawd damn thing!

No account?