Showdown: v2.0

• by Rawb
  • posted Nov 01, 2005
  • 37 Comments

Showdown: v2.0

Here's what's changed:

1. Her face is no longer so "fugly." I narrowed her nose, fixed the right eye (it was a tad too high) and gave her some lipstick.

2. The colors. No more black t-shirt. I decided on a nice dark plum color, and changed the color of her dress from red to salmon.

It was suggested that I ditch the frame as well, but I opted to make it a flesh color instead. Not being white on black, it doesn't stand out so much, and I think it's necessary to keep the ninja from fading into the background.

Watch this
Damon Butler
That's pretty damn funny! I'd buy it in another color though. Nice illo
redsugar
I'm glad you fixed her face, but I like the colors much better on the original...
SemantiTheft
Nice job! Love the changes.
mookey
I like this drawing with your old colors. I think no frame would be better too. Funny, though. I would totally buy it w/ those changes.
MonkeyTongue
I like it like this.
BigRedRod
It's funny but I wouldn't wear it myself.
DelgadoArt
really funny but i dont think that i would wear it
flyawaygirl
yay! this is great!
axo
Reminds me of that movie 'Serial Mom', nice work.
green-means-go
Great job modifying the face...but I miss the blood on the rolling pin. I understand with the new colors you can no longer spare a color for the blood, but still. Oh well. $5 anyway.
whylime
love it $5
helo
The black shadow of the dress doesn't seem right, and I can't think of how the frame improves the design so get rid both.
murffels
i liked better with the blood
seraphim17
hahahaha, I love it...
Nunzio
Is this in reff 2 the cereal box shooting in kill BILL VOL2? if so god way to brin it a new life i like it
Rawb
Rawb profile pic Alumni
You know what they say: You can please some of the hipsters all of the time, and all of the hipsters some of the time, but not all of the hipsters all of the time. You either like it or you don't. I took the suggestions I thought were relevant and changed it. And thanks, by the way, to those who made/make helpful suggestions or at least give honest opinions politely. That having been said, notice the comment in my first post: "It was suggested that I ditch the frame as well, but I opted to make it a flesh color instead. Not being white on black, it doesn't stand out so much, and I think it's necessary to keep the ninja from fading into the background." I don't care if you don't like the frame. I do. And I'd rather it be there to set the ninja off from the background. If you don't like it, that's fine. If it changes your vote, then that's your prerogative. But quit leaving me comments telling me to get rid of it. I got two in the one day this one's been up. It didn't get ditched the first time, and it won't now, either.
Tuxedo Oni
Lacks humor due to lackadaisical style. It seems overworked.
forrestcat
I think its awesome!...$5
jackiex3
i agree axo
ctc803
perspective problem? or something the guy on the floor doesn't look right
ospikmese
it still looks original version
kfizzle
nice shirt, as long as when it's printed the design is smaller compared to the tshirt. good job.
helo
to Rawb : Sorry about not being more detailed in my comments about the frame. I see the frame being only the two thin vertical lines and the one thin horizontal line above the woman's head. The thick section below (the part that keeps the ninja from blending in with the shirt) is just the floor to me and not part of the frame.
fay_wray
I love it! This one deserves to get printed. 5$
jcb309
she looks EVIL! but haha i likeee! <3
WIlona
i'd wear it in a heart beat. the idea of a red dress was good though...it would make it so much more idk sinful? like the lady is going "ya i look nice but....." Hope i helped.
ccmtcdnt
hahahaha I would buy that shirt so fast. !!!!! I want it 5+BUY
andthedisaster
different background color and id buy it
Scaper-X
Fiven + $. Liking this one a lot. Poor ninja.
sliester
I think this is a great idea! 5$
Rheagar
eehh, i dassn't like the pastel colors. at all. great design, nice idea, but the colors look like something that you would see in a trailer park.
hbrasil
yea, original colors 4 sho
ColoredSwirl
Love the colours, great design! - $5
JenniThePirate
way funny cool shirt, but I'm not digging the colors. I'd put a little more work into it, but you've got a great idea going!