Canada Owes Me

• by whirzle1
  • posted Oct 27, 2005
  • 35 Comments

This shirt is really about my frustration with the gumball machine at the video store down the street. It WILL NOT accept Canadian quarters. (?) The video store person REFUSES to give out \"real\" (her word) quarters in exchange for \"foregin currency.\" (again...her words)

Watch this
Rockslide
Rockslide profile pic Alumni
Haha. I like this shirt. Its just bizarre and weird, you would wear it and people would be like, "say what?" and then they would ask you the story behind it and you could make up all kinds of junk. That would be fun.
Mangold
why can only fatties wear it?
whirzle1
whirzle1 profile pic Alumni
well...I figure they print XL tshirts, too...so it might be nice to recognize the big man.
greenfoo
but the big man has big man boobies! LOL cool shirt though
sintax
woo... props for the "man of girth" model in your submission. :-)
phones
i really like it- that cheerful moose/elk/whatever is fantastic!
SemantiTheft
Halarious message... but I'd really like it if it weren't so rest stop gift shop-y.
meredizzlefosho
its clearly a caribou if you were cool you would know
cirque427
that's funny--lol "real" quarters....
Fett
Love for the fat man, that's great! I wish they'd recognize that some of us are XS too! I love the shirt and the story behind it, that's fantastic! Love it on the dark blue :)
phones
damn, i was this close to saying Megaloceros. i suck.
DaintyBuffalo
I love this. I'd wear it ever day :D $$$5
helo
I chuckle thinking about the put down on Canada by mentioning REAL quarters. So the design is good with its humor, but I can't find a decent reason for the the blue arrow around the Canadian quarter to exist. Am I missing something?
meekins
i love random message shirts like these! awexome
whirzle1
well the bluse arrow is kinda like that joke that goes, "What like (fill i nthe blank) and has two thumbs? THIS guy!" So think of the big blue arrow as a graphic metaphor for some really annoying guy's thumbs.
deftonez_rule
Awesome... never been to Canada, but awesome! +5
whirzle1
I screwed that up...it goes,"What has two thumbs and (fill in the blank). THIS guy!" ...I'm not so great with the jokes.
murffels
make this shirt happen
nogoodpeacenik
Oh this is nice. It'll make a nice three dollar shirt sold in gas stations at highway rest stops and drugstores like Walgreens. But I sure as crap hope threadless isn't the one responsible for its printing. This shit is too good in for the internet! It needs to go bring up the bar in a bargain bin somewhere!
whirzle1
My Walgreens only sells tshirts with motorcycles, eagles and that old lady from the Hallmark cards that's always talking about menopause and chocolate. But yeah, you're right. This shirt is supposed to be kinda kitsch-y/campy...
Kafelnikov
I hate it when I buy something and I get a Canadian quarter back in my change. Ssometimes people don't care, but those blasted gumball machines! My friend is living in Montreal right now, he'd love it.
kayetea
lmao i love this. i am also frustrated with all the canadian coins i recieve. living close to the canadian border allows me to go over there frequently. and what to do with the change?! $5
Prize Fighter Inferno
hahah Great yeah people dont take canadien quarters hear either 5$
November1134
lmao i love this shirt- except its too bright for me. but i still love it. props man.
Roncore
i agree with the shirt. especiallyc us i live 15 mins from canada.
beetle babe
i think this one has a funny story to tell, and its an artist who has designed something with emotion. he has a mission.. this tshirt was inspired by a real life experience... i love it!
astrid!
blame canada!
Luke_andrews
lol I love it eh $5 (in us currency)
jrkohl
HEy B.I.L Nice Shirt! Good thing that company back in that city you used to live in is paying you the big bucks to do this all day!!! Hey it paid off! KA-Ching!!! Good work! I hope I get one of these shirts with that $250.oo credit you now have!!!! HAH! Love ya! S.I.L
SeraphNoctum
LOL this is great! XD
mimkwade
AMAZING!