Close
One second...

Cutter Fish

• by littlem
  • posted Sep 08, 2005
  • 43 Comments

Sweet job. I have a nice feeling about this one.

Good luck!

Watch this
Luke...
Luke... profile pic Alumni

aye, aye, capn' bones
avast ye maties, she's a fine ship, but wat be dat der smell........:)
nice choice of colors....and great detail...

daahhling

green. $5

bitterbat

nice, especially the water!

travis76
travis76 profile pic Alumni

what's the lil' icon squarsey thing? i know it's not part of the design...duh.
good luck! it'd be nice to have you win, and this could do it.

grayehound
grayehound profile pic Alumni

Nice job on all the details, bortwein! I dig the green one the most, though charcoal is pretty sweet, too. Good luck!

TFMdesign

7 thumbs up 5$

look out

Clever, I like it i'll give it a 5

spitting_llama

LOVE this, especially on the slate color. This rules.

Poor_Phineas

Well done, bortwein. For the shirt color, I vote for slate.

loglow
loglow profile pic Alumni

One of your best, mate--$5!

Ava Adore

yep. clever. very nice.

deadfish

very cool, what is that thing on the front past the bow and above the pointy thing.

LovelyAmy

CHOOSE THE COLOUR OF THE TEE!!!!!!!!! The design cannot be properly judged with "options" as threadless only picks one colour! How do i know? Cos i have asked them previously! The Design and the tee are one big design not 2 seperate things!

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

Woah there Amy, settle down. Welcome to Threadless, a place where All Caps is rude.

I disagree with you that "The Design and the tee are one big design not 2 separate things!". The design is flexible to accommodate any one of those color choices, so that is how I presented it. I limit my picks to my favorite 4 color shirts, and this proves to be popular because it gives the viewer the chance to give their opinion on what shirt color they wish for it to print on. It's a sort of Marketing/Design focus group. I then take this into account and I would then suggest that be the color for the final print. As you can see the main image is set on Slate which would be my main pick for the design.

PS. for have been "doing design for a decade now", you should really Spell Check your comments a bit more often. I fixed your error here in my response.

sauterelle

This one is fabulous. I don't even like it for the pun, I just love the image. I agree, slate takes the cake.

owen skyser-gray

haha LovelyAmy sure is trying to get that message around... that's like the 3rd time ive seen that comment from her on a shirt in 5 minutes. but she's absolutely right too. even with her misuse of Caps Lock Anger.
on that note...

If Threadless makes this shirt in slate,
I would wear it on my chest plate.
bortwein, this t-shirt is fine.
You get a five... and a dollar sign.

5$.

sarahrae

clever.

comatose

I think it's interesting but I hate the water.

MoniqueH

Jesus Christ LovelyAmy, what the hell?

Shio

ooooh fun. me likey. 5$

arie_aroline

Please choose dark grey for the colour of the tee, i hope it will be printed it's beautiful !

Derry Farm

Ya I dig it. Neat Concept.

Yesssssss!

twniehaus
twniehaus profile pic Alumni

dakota slate all the way.

skiball

I love this!

Maya_Girl

pretty cool. $

ctc803

I really like it

atombender

Navy roxors my soxors

$5

fraffman

Forest GREEn that is so amazing i love it so much i would buy it...i think i might be better if it was just a ship no fish bones

brighteye

Slate for sure. I don't think it needs the water lines on it. No water and I'd buy it for sure

operagirl

this is one nice drawing! sweet! $

howlynart

LovelyAmy, I know where you're coming from, but if you look thru the catalog, many of the designs are printed on two different color shirts. 'Follow It' is one. Often there is one color for the men's and one color for the women's. So it does make sense to give color options. I'm sure the designers would appreciate it if you would cease and desist about the color options, and critique the design. That's what we're here for.

The fish bones are really drawn well, and the style of the bones and the elements of the ship all mesh together well. Thumbs up.

slackertype

Badass. Nicely composed, too.

causticexe

Looks best over slate, for sure.

cydux

What a creative use of fish bones! I'd buy this for sure - any colour, any time.

benny breaks

Get rid of the water. Just keep the rest.

bortwein

I don't think I would ever consider getting rid of the water...

gautam

Super Cool!! Love the concept!!!!

bortwein

ah the good old days.

Mrcoffeebean

Yeah, What a nice way, dude!!

No account?