Close
One second...

Death's Door

• by CaxtonRay
  • posted Jul 29, 2005
  • 27 Comments

• the path we walk in love eventually leads to death...

this one is real metaphorical, so quit reading now if that sort of thing annoys you. the path of jumbled type/texture is the confusion and anxiety of love. as the figure travels this path of love, he is led to death's door where there is an empty, unknown void beyond. i really wanted a stark contrast for this design, so i stayed away from color. hoping the negative space will work well to portray the sense of loss and emptiness.

Watch this
Sugarush

i like the use of type and the black and white contrast..it has nice perspective to it

CHALEEXD

I'D THINK I'D LIKE THIS DESIGN IF IT WERE A LITTLE SMALLER. AND MAKE MORE ROOM FOR MORE "NEGATIVE SPACE."

cement_shoes

needs some color, but not too much. mayb e like a tiny little red heart in the corpse/skeleton/person's chest. nice work $4

bradicalz

amazing t , i want it. mmmm, maybe a little red heart would work or it might label it emo. 5

big tone

looks good, maybe a little shaddow at the base of the dor frame to stop it from looking like it's floating

bigpig

This is really good. Great job. 5

osaxety

I like it, $4

tohappiness

I think this is just beautiful.

cricketbobicket

i lov3 it. it's absolutly beautiful like this!

Heartless.Plushie

i adore this design. it's absolutely gorgeous. Keep up the excellent work!

nod4nee

amazing really

motorama

The best t-shirt I've seen for this competition. I agree: scale it down and shifted over just a bit. I guess a heart would be okay, as long as it's behind the rib cage and not too "cute".

makeit

i really really like this design! i'd like to see a similar one less fatalistic so i could wear it. like the stark contrast.

redmyse

amazing design!! i would like to see it with a little bit of color because black on white is boring.. however i do see your point in doing so. i think i might buy it. (5)

cperky04

Wow, I REALLY like this shirt. I would definitely buy it! Keep 'em comin'!

PsychicBacon

From the feedback given so far I have a feeling I'm going to get chewed out, but this reminds me of about thirty other shirts I've scored today. Enough with the trite symbols already.

quoperate

yeah, psychicbacon, that coment reminds me of about 40 other comments i've read today! CaxtonRay, please don't add color, or do so carefully. It would lose the message if you give color.

CaxtonRay

PsychicBacon, no worries. It's always nice to hear how everyone loves your work, but honestly, I really rather prefer constructive feedback. As one of my goals as a designer in all my work is to be unique, I appreciate your comment that it looks like other things you've seen. I'm interested in specifically what you feel is a trite symbol. I've tried to stay away from the blatant morbid imagery in other entries -- blood, skulls, hearts, knives, literal depiction of death -- and rather tried to create an atmosphere and a visual story. Like I said initially, the type is "the path" we walk -- all the mess of life and love that we experience each day that is indecipherable. Death is merely a doorway to the next stage, but death is enigmatic and an unknown -- thus a little intimidating. Obviously, for this to be appealing to The Used band, I had to use a style that is in line with their style (after all, the goal is to win wink), but I still want to offer something different. -- Okay, I'll stop rambling now.

codenameindigo

if the person weren't so scribbly, it could be cooler. nice perspective, but only a 3 from me

Shangp

This is one awesome design.
love the black and white contrast. The jumbled lines/letters also contrast nicely with the door that is less jumbled. this is great.

chief_eskimo

I'd liek it if it werent on white.

BondGirl006

I'm pretty sure that this design rocks just the way it is. And I would buy it in a heartbeat.

coldshoulder

I love the design, but I do think a little heart (maybe more realistic then just a heart shape) might do more to show that it is loves path that leads to death's door, and also add a focal point to the design.

dancer2gd4u

omg i love this soo much, id wear this soo much ^_^

No account?
Join Us