Close
One second...

"E"-type!

• by bc173
  • posted Sep 01, 2003
  • 24 Comments

"E"-type embodies the roots of graphic design. It is no chicken and egg question, graphic design came with typography and experienced a boom in the past twenty years. We should not forget how carefull metal workers molted the first fonts and we should treat digital type in the same carefull way.

Watch this
Someguy

great rework, it could do without the barclaey.com along the side

PointWellTaken

i agree with someguy... but a great design...

tlobrown2

good concept
simplify

bc173

Well people, I'll leave out barclaey.com if it gets printed, ok?

sumocat13
sumocat13 profile pic Alumni

very, very good, the only thing i would do to change it is the colors. i'd like to see what is black be golden yellow, what is white be the shirt color, and the shirt being a dark graw, like in the conformity shirt. 4/5

nilultra

my ass just experienced a boom. i give it a 4

bc173

I've choosen white as the main color because they put it really thick on the shirts. In most cases they don't put black ink that thick, and after some washing is goes off really quick. I experienced this with my Outbreak girls shirt (http://www.threadless.com/product/73.html). White as the t-shirt color will look a bit cheap in my opinion.

Vulnus

Yeah. I like the colours and concept. 4

paris

thats awsome

filete01

I like the design lots but down with self-promo on the shirts...

mufte

loose the .com and it`s great

njosnavelin_

bc173 :

very cool shirt. i like the concept of how graphic design came from typography and all. do you have any other colors?

Solmyre

:D

AfterimageLtd

Cool, I'd buy it / 5. The hole (#23-Marque du fondeur) seems to be at a weird angle? Rotate about 5ยบ clockwise? Loose barclay.com!

bc173

Afterimage, I guess you're right. The hole (#23) does not need to be rotated but skewed a little bit. I'll loose the .com. Cheers, Barton

K@

fan-fucking-tastic!

2kco7

type=HUGE part of design. it should get its props

fatso

o yeah, any other colours, darker shirt, i'll be buyin it maybe

kilt boy

i think the E is great its just cool

Chaucer

Great ideas, but too bad about the .com thing.

]-[x]-[

Excellent rework. All my criticisms have already been said, so kudos.

Someguy

there's a problem with the bottom left corner of the e. you can see the background line pass through. it should also be filled in white all in the bottom bevel. zoom in and you'll notice it.

bc173

Re: Someguy

After conversion to Flash the lines aren't that smooth and even jagged when you zoom in, it looks like an image has been scanned and traced. But it's actually constructed in a vector drawing program with smooth lines. If it comes to printing this shirt I'll use the original files. Thanks for your comments folks!

No account?