Hey Guys, check out my new book "Not Nice, Donny!"

Hey everyone!!

I haven't been that active on Threadless for awhile because i've been working on a few personal projects. The first one is a children's book named, "Not Nice, Donny!" It's about teaching kids morals and empathy. It's also funny!!

It's now available on Amazon!!!

Watch this
Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

Very cool. I saw your stickers on Instagram!

I've got a couple of questions, if you wouldn't mind answering. Is it difficult to sell a book on Amazon? What measures do you have to take when making the book?

The other question is about fonts. I guess that is Cooper Black? Is that a free font, do you have to buy a license to use the font or is there a percentage on royalties for using the font?

Thanks.

PS Don't feel like you have to answer, but if you can that would be great as I've been looking into making a book, but unsure how to go about it.

dnice25
dnice25 profile pic Alumni

Thanks man!!

1. Well... I can give you a more accurate idea of selling when I get the book on the site sometime in September. I'm really nervous about it but we will see.

Ha haaa!! I made this handy lil graphic. This is when you do everything yourself and don't go through a POD (Print on demand) company. If you do go through a POD company everything is pretty much handled but you're limited to what type of books the company prints.
I wanted my book to be a board book for kids so I couldn't do POD.

1. Cooper black is free to use not sure about other fonts.

I hope this helps man. It takes a lot a research to figure out how you want to do things.

Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

Oh hey, that's really cool of you to reply. Thanks so much and good luck with the book. I hope it sells as much as you expect it too, or more...

Really like the idea of putting stickers out there in the real world, great idea btw. Weirdly enough I studied illustration at Uni, but there wasn't much practical help available. Although, one great lecturer did mention contests and competitions, which is how I stumbled upon Threadless.

BEST OF LUCK! Looks awesome btw.

dnice25
Thomas Orrow said:

Oh hey, that's really cool of you to reply. Thanks so much and good luck with the book. I hope it sells as much as you expect it too, or more...

Really like the idea of putting stickers out there in the real world, great idea btw. Weirdly enough I studied illustration at Uni, but there wasn't much practical help available. Although, one great lecturer did mention contests and competitions, which is how I stumbled upon Threadless.

BEST OF LUCK! Looks awesome btw.

Thanks!! ha ha yeah, School doesn't always help with applying skills to the real world. It's kind of a figure it out yourself thing. I actually started another book about design and how to find success in it. In it I'm going to talk about Threadless and other online creative communities that can help you evolve your skills and find more opportunities. That book will be for high school kids.

DRO72
DRO72 profile pic Alumni

This looks GREAT, and I'm not saying that just because I happen to agree that Donny is not nice. It's just a great idea for a book and looks like it's drawn and designed VERY well. Also love the IG photos of the stickers/book around the city. Nice work, my friend.

[+duracell-]

Probably would been better though if you didn't orange-face the guy on the cover. Makes it look like there are two Donnys.

dnice25
DRO72 said:

This looks GREAT, and I'm not saying that just because I happen to agree that Donny is not nice. It's just a great idea for a book and looks like it's drawn and designed VERY well. Also love the IG photos of the stickers/book around the city. Nice work, my friend.

Thanks man!!! The stickers get taken down as soon as they go up though lol

dnice25
Musarter said:

Great idea for a book. Way to go with the self-publishing; I hope it takes off.

Thanks dude!

dnice25

Hey guys!!! I'm super excited my book is finally available on Amazon!!!! Buy one and tell your friends.

frhudson

Fantastic idea! Good luck with publishing!

manjulaagarwal

Helo your book is amazing and I like the cover of your book and you sell it on Amazon and if you want so I will featured this book on my website you can check https://techinshorts.com/

No account?
Join Us