Preview Images Size / Shop interface

Hello everybody.

I apologize if this topic has been dealt with already.
Wondering if there are any plans for giving the artist shop owner the opportunity to use smaller preview images (Like in Teepublic stores).

I think the images are far too big now. This not only makes the shop hard to overview, it also helps rippers immensly to bigger images of art to steal (the same goes for the preview image in submission, btw.)

I want to finally update my artist shop, but I find that the shop interface could use more improvement. Hope this makes sense....

Thanks! :D

Watch this
EasyStreetExile

This concern has been raised many times, I don't know why they refuse to address it. They disabled right click save awhile ago, but you can simply drag the image to the desktop so its definitely easy for people to steal designs... Some people have closed their shops because of it. I won't publish mine until this is fixed.

queenmob
queenmob profile pic Alumni

Oh, damn - I figured it must have been addressed before since art thievery is such a big thing nowadays. :/

I can imagine that it is a pain in the ass to change this, but I really hope for an update on this! Thanks in advance!

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff
EasyStreetExile said:

you can simply drag the image to the desktop so its definitely easy for people to steal designs...

Thanks for the feedback on this. Dragging is also disabled in shops actually. Technically you can drag and drop something into your desktop but it doesn't save an image, just a link to the page you're on which just puts you in a loop if you're trying to steal an image.

JaymeArt

It is a hassle for artists, not just here. Several of my designs were taken from DBH. I started a discussion a few weeks ago on theft, and what steps you can take after, but no one from staff said anything yet :[ It would be cool to have some preventative measures in place. A watermark at least?

JaymeArt

is 1200px by 1200px big enough to print?

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff
JaymeArt said:

It is a hassle for artists, not just here. Several of my designs were taken from DBH. I started a discussion a few weeks ago on theft, and what steps you can take after, but no one from staff said anything yet :[ It would be cool to have some preventative measures in place. A watermark at least?

The idea of the watermark has been floated. The process to disable right clicking and dragging was one of the solutions we had to ease the problem but it's a discussion we're always happy to have.

queenmob

Glad right-click & drag&drop is disabled, however, there is always the screenshot option. Screenshots will get you any image, no matter how many saving options are disabled :3

Besides this, I just think the overview over the shop would be much better with smaller images - 5 images/row or something. Or maybe make that adjustable?

Anyway, thanks for replying :D And thanks for all your hard work on this!

queenmob

Bump! Please, Threadless - find a solution for this! Or let us know if you're working on one.

rodrigobhz
rodrigobhz profile pic Alumni

Even Redbubble allows you to add watermarks. The preview images are far too big in Artist shops, Threadless catalog and submissions. And there is the screenshot possibility too.

Do something, Threadless!

v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni

Dat true, I've been adding shirt textures on submissions as a deterrent. And there is even worse than the capture option in artist shops but not saying in case some smartass thief is around… Smaller screenshots would be good indeed.

queenmob

Just wanted to underline this problem one last time - it's a reason for me to not upload much/any art anymore - or recommend the artist shop online. So this is business-harming for Threadless as well as the artist. If you just tell me "It's never going to change" I'd be more happy than hearning nothing at all about it.

No account?
Join Us