Artist shop & other print to order services

I've been out of the self promo, selling art prints, etc, game for a while - a couple years ago it was really Society6 and Redbubble that ran the game - recently I've uploaded my stuff to INPRNT that offers the artist half of the commissions - which is pretty solid in my book. But I'm wondering where you guys push most of your art - and an average number of sales you make per month?

Also how is your Threadless Artist shop treating you? Mine is pretty desolate - my reasoning is in my opinion, art prints appeal to the masses more so because of the universal appeal of having a wall for artwork vs the varying sizes of people, and seemingly infinite varieties of apparel to print on - that sort of dilutes the value to me, as an individual. If that makes any sense.

That being said - how's your artist shop going? What other outlets do you use to sell prints or art? All feedback and input welcome,

Thanks!

Watch this
ibyes
ibyes profile pic Alumni
Love your stuff lately. I made a whole sale on my artist shop, so desolate pretty much sums that up. And I make various sales here and there on S6 and tee public. I haven't gotten into Red Bubble and this is the first I've heard of INPRNT. Good luck with your sales.
dylmor
dylmor profile pic Alumni
SOCIETY6 is still the best, for me. I've been trying to push my THREADLESS shop the most, I love how it looks & the product quality... But, the lack of sales (only a few so far) is disappointing. I'm gonna check out INPRNT.
v_calahan
v_calahan profile pic Alumni
Not a single sale, but, I have been away for a while and only did promote it in the beginning, so, disappointing, but not really a surprise.
Evan_Luza
Evan_Luza profile pic Alumni
Thanks for the kind words @ibyes And thanks for the solid input everyone! Helps me gauge my scope of things.
superdesigner
I have made about $200 through self promotion (and $300 on teespring, but their customer service is TERRIBLE, so I switched those shirts over to here). I know it isn't a lot, but I feel like I am just getting started. I really like the customer service and think the comission is one of the best. I did a lot of research on other options before I chose this one. Would love to hear about how SOCIETY6 works. I don't think I looked into that option. Thanks!
rodrigobhz
rodrigobhz profile pic Alumni
I have made about... $200 so far on my Artist Shop. I have made a holiday sale (all shirts $18) and I sold only 3 t-shirts. Self promotion is a pain in the ass. S6 didn't work for me, I think my work didn't fit in (people seems to like more aesthetic designs). I've achieved the 'Artisan' status on Teepublic (which puts you in the top 50% of sellers) but it doesn't mean that I'm making a lot money :P I'm gonna check out INPRNT!
Shadyjibes
Shadyjibes profile pic Alumni
I've sold only 2 items from my artist shop and earned $16! That's more than what I've earned from selling around 40 stickers on redbubble. But more importantly, I haven't done ANY promotion on my artist shop at all, so i'm sure it's a great place to make monies if you do promotions because the royalties rates are way better than anywhere else, as far as i know.