Artsit shops - on demand prints and stuff ...

hey folks,

i wasn't much around here in the forums this year and i don't know if i missed this - but - is threadless now mutating into an "on demand" site like society6?

Watch this
heykimby

Not quite, it's all still separate from main threadless right now... But basically they've built things so now their super duper POD and order fulfillment capabilities are available to anyone that signs up for a store. The regular threadless catalogue and contests should be the same as ever, and I don't see there being much crossover, at least to begin with anyway.

It's pretty smart if you ask me. Its different to S6 and redbubble in the fact that your storefront is very much your own and is just 'powered by threadless', rather than you jostling for attention against all the other designs on S6 or wherever. It's a low risk way to harness the power of all the great designs that never got printed and all the great artists who can't be bothered with the voting system... And in turn, the customers that they'll bring with them.

cincotta25

Hello - @heykimby hit the nail on the head! I totally support the Artists Shops and I hope everyone will take advantage of signing up for his or her own shop. This is long overdue and I think the exposure of Threadless reaches far and wide compared to the customers based in RedBubble, Society6 and DesignByHumans. Cheers ~ Michael

JaymeArt

We will not have to make a shirt mockup thingy for our artist store, will we?

Cause....that would be awesome. I really dont like doing that. I like how the other places have it. You just upload your artwork, and pick colors.

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff
benjaminleebates said:

I see on the shops, they recommend like $10 profit for a tee. Do we really get to decide if we want less of a mark-up? Or are they REALLY wanting to keep everyone in a similar price point. I mean, I would not buy a tee for $25!

You will be able to set your price point based on the fees we outlined. You can make less, or you can make more, that's entirely up to you.

agrimony said:

Any idea how Threadless will merge regular contest subs and designs in stores?

Two different beasts. Shops will be stand-alone and we may sometimes grab designs that perform well and consider them for our catalog. Challenges and standard Threadless submissions will continue as they always have and the Threadless catalog will be separate from the Artist Shops.

lxromero
lxromero profile pic Staff
JaymeArt said:

Cause....that would be awesome. I really dont like doing that. I like how the other places have it. You just upload your artwork, and pick colors.

I haven't seen the interface myself but my understanding is you won't have to mock it up yourself.

JaymeArt
lxromero said:
JaymeArt said:

I haven't seen the interface myself but my understanding is you won't have to mock it up yourself.

great news! thanks :]

JaymeArt
laurastead said:

^woo hoo! I just sent PNGs, so you do all the magic, thank you!

victorfelix
victorfelix profile pic Alumni

there is like 28k people waiting for their shops to be open. I'm number 8000 on the list.

Really dont know if its good or bad.

No account?
Join Us