Thomas Orrow
Thomas Orrow profile pic Alumni

Yep. terribly easy to say you haven't got the right program or the right tablet etc. Just get along with the start process and everything will follow.

It took me a few years of resistance before I started to use a computer and sign up on Threadless, now I can't stop. :) I can't say I've ever had much of a creative block, but I think every artist goes through (some) transition of self-doubt. Which is {arguably} a way to improve sometimes.

darrudadesign
darrudadesign profile pic Alumni
Thomas Orrow said:

Yep. terribly easy to say you haven't got the right program or the right tablet etc. Just get along with the start process and everything will follow.

It took me a few years of resistance before I started to use a computer and sign up on Threadless, now I can't stop. :) I can't say I've ever had much of a creative block, but I think every artist goes through (some) transition of self-doubt. Which is {arguably} a way to improve sometimes.

Very true Thomas. We will always go through moments where inspiration is far away, but we must overcome and learn to live with it. Never stop creating, your work is great!

southandboone

Thanks Daniel, This is a great article. For me most of the time it is the opposite. I have all of the confidence in the world and great ideas first thing in the morning. As I sit down to work and create is when the resistance creeps in. When the resistance does creep in I try to shift my thinking as soon as I am conscious of the negative thought and replace it with a powerful thought like...this is what I was created to do. No one can do what I do the way I do it, etc. You are right! I always find my momentum when I shut up and do the work.

darrudadesign
darrudadesign profile pic Alumni
southandboone said:

Thanks Daniel, This is a great article. For me most of the time it is the opposite. I have all of the confidence in the world and great ideas first thing in the morning. As I sit down to work and create is when the resistance creeps in. When the resistance does creep in I try to shift my thinking as soon as I am conscious of the negative thought and replace it with a powerful thought like...this is what I was created to do. No one can do what I do the way I do it, etc. You are right! I always find my momentum when I shut up and do the work.

Yeah! Never stop creating! Thanks for reading :)

amberBrenan

Great post! Thank you for sharring!

ThePaperCrane
ThePaperCrane profile pic Alumni

I have become very interested in the dualistic conflict between instinct and intellect, eco and true self, and duality in general. It has lead me to metaphysical questions about matter and meaning (consciousness) as a whole. Fascinating! Great you touched on it here in relation to art.

No account?
Join Us