The world is just a click away. And that means both good and bad things can be witnessed in the internet with just a mouse-click. Kids are all inquisitive by nature. And often times their innocence is taken for granted. As responsible adults, we should share Thorn's vision: Defend the Children.
1) The background is composed of lines and circular pattens, forming gears, sort of a mechanism, representing technology and its complexity.
2) The computer and the internet which is the most commonly used technology is represented with the computer on the background. Since everything can get viral and affect kids one way or another, in using technology particularly the internet and our computers, we should do EDUS (Edit our lifestyle, Delete what's bad, Upload what's good and Save the planet by doing what we can using technology). In such a way we can Build a brighter future for the children and for everyone.
3) The mouse represents action, to do what is right or to do what is wrong. Just like I said everything is just a click away.
4) The kids represent all kids. The different tones represent kids from all walks of life, of different races, of different ages. The colorful hues on their hair represent their colorful life as kids, their learning stage, their innocence and their intelligence. Like the colors of the rainbow, they all hope for a brighter and happy future.
5) The man and the woman represents us, the adults. No matter where we are from or what we are, we all live in a world of possibilities, revolving around changes. We should know the limits of technology and be considerate of the end-users, especially the kids. Everyday, there are kids getting abused, and believe it or not the digital world also helps in the quick abuse of children. No matter what form of abuse they're experiencing in the digital realm, we must put a stop on it.
6) The heart that the woman and man forms, represents concern for all kids around the world. The act by which the big heart (man and woman's arms) embraces/encloses the kids would mean protecting them from the dangers of the digital world. The key is interaction. Let's start in our own home, in the community we live in. We must know how to educate kids properly and as much as possible monitor them. Talk it out, guide them, instill discipline and most of all concern for other people. Not only adults can hurt kids but also other kids. So, as the grown-ups, we should teach them what's good so they will show good to others as well.
The world is just a click away. Your choice, your action, your advocacy is just a click away.
One with the vision, one with the world, one with Thorn in defending the children around the world.