About the design
on January 21, 2010
Created for the Threadless Loves Threadless Challenge (or Create the New Trends.)
This is the Beatles song Help! (in Morse Code.)
How did I get here? Here was my train of thought:
1) When I think of new trends, I can't avoid thinking about history repeating itself. (Think about fashion.)
2) Then I started thinking about trends in communicating ideas.
(Text Messaging came to mind.)
3) A Text Message full of short forms and acronyms is very similar to a Telegraph
(History repeating itself again.)
4) Telegraphs where always transmitted as Morse Code.
(So what about doing something with Morse Code?)
5) And finally when I think about Morse Code, I think about distress calls.
(Calls for ‘Help!’)
6) And when I think about ‘Help!’ I think about the Beatles song.
Finally arriving at the Beatles song ‘Help!’ (in Morse Code.)
So, the new trend is… Word Association? History Repeating? Messages in Code?
I don’t really know, but I think it looks cool!