Create a t-shirt design inspired by Marvel's Iron Man.
Billionaire industrialist Tony Stark has created some of the world’s most powerful weapons, and the mightiest of all just might be himself. As metal clad super hero Iron Man, Stark becomes the world’s greatest fighting machine, conquering evil at every turn.
Your challenge is to design a t-shirt inspired by Marvel’s Iron Man.
Whether he’s doing battle with foes like Whiplash and Doctor Doom or running Stark Industries with the help of his trusty secretary Pepper Potts, Iron Man’s life is never dull. So harness your creative superpowers to design a t-shirt with Pow! Bang! Pop! Your design could bring you closer to Tony Stark-like riches.
Keep in mind:
- Use your original artwork.
- Characters outside of the Marvel universe are not allowed.
- You may not uses characters from The Avengers or The All Winners Squad or the villain Unicorn.
- You may not use actor likenesses or any logos in your design.
- No political or adult content (sex, smoking, drinking, etc.) is allowed.
- References to the Ironman Triathlon are not allowed.
- The characters cannot be represented as children or animals.
- Designs should be inspired by the comic, not the movies. Designs with actor likenesses or details, themes, or elements specific to the movies will not be approved.
Here's how it works
Get your idea ready to submit
Read our submission guidelines to learn about printing techniques, creating high resolution artwork, preparing presentation files, and following the rules! You'll also find color specifications and downloadable assets like templates and blank photos for mockups.
Submit to the challenge
Once you've prepared your design files, it's time to submit it for scoring! Follow the instructions and fill out the form (the whole thing).
Submissions have closed.
The community scores your design
For 7 days, the Threadless community scores your design 1 to 5 and leaves comments. These scores and comments help us pick which designs to print. You're encouraged to promote your design to friends, family, and the rest of the Internet!
If your design is printed, you'll get:
$5,000 cash grand prize for an artist collaboration (artists split the prize)
$3,000 cash grand prize for a single artist
$500 gift code for grand prize
Other designs chosen for print from this challenge will receive compensation based on the product printed on & the quantity printed.
MARVEL: IRON MAN
Since making his first appearance in Tales of Suspense #39 in 1963, Tony Stark has helmed the multinational defense corporation Stark Industries while attempting to keep his alter ego—metal-encased super hero Iron Man—a secret. Iron Man has remained one of the world’s top super heroes for nearly fifty years, using his man-made suit of armor to banish crime wherever he goes.